• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Premiere Reticles warranty honored by Tangent Theta

coach4christ

Head mop pusher
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2010
NW Louisiana
With all the discussion about whether or not TT honors PR warranties, I decided to email TT and find out. I have a 5-25x56 Heritage Optronika model and was concerned. I sent an email asking if they covered PR scopes. Here is the email I received.

Hi Will,

That optic was sold though our distribution network and is therefore covered under our warranty program.

Regards,

~Crystal

so it appears that mine is covered anyway. My question is, how would PR scopes not be sold through their distribution network?? If that has been answered, I missed it..

good shooting guys....

Reactions: Robin 03A3
Most consumer goods are not run thru sole distributors or importers. e.g., both S&B USA and EO import S&B ... MHS, EO and SRT are all AI distributors ... Lipseys, RSR, Davidsons, etc are all distributors of small arms

Even though your scope will be warrantied by TT there's no guarantee they can fix it. They are running out of repair parts. If they cannot fix it they will offer you a discount on a TT, but your "trade-in" may only be worth $1000 off a $4400 TT.

It's not fair for me to just post the negative, though... a friend picked up a used PH that was fairly new and it broke almost immediately on him. TT gave him $3500 credit for it so he got a TT for around $900 more.

It's not fair for me to just post the negative, though... a friend picked up a used PH that was fairly new and it broke almost immediately on him. TT gave him $3500 credit for it so he got a TT for around $900 more.

IIRC they're not legally required to do squat diddly are they? If so, this sounds pretty stand-up and suggests you're not exactly dealing with a jerky company if you're considering their products. Am I off base with that impression?

I'm with Sixfivesavage ... we can leave the old TT/PR shit discussion from Scout and be done with the matter. OP simply didn't realize and asked if more than one North America distributor existed for PR scopes. If we can leave the thread at that....

Christ, please don't go bringing that shit here from scout. Let's leave that mess there.

I'm with Sixfivesavage ... we can leave the old TT/PR shit discussion from Scout and be done with the matter. OP simply didn't realize and asked if more than one North America distributor existed for PR scopes. If we can leave the thread at that....

Agreed

Why all the butt hurt on the topic. I own 2 and was passing the CORRECT info along.

Because there was a huge hissy fit, more of a witch hunt, over on the scout about it. As as been said it was eventually discovered that they were running out of parts and so they arent going to honor stuff except for that which ATI distributed. Thats it. It just seemed like you were trying to start it up again if not read and considered carefully. But yeah, yours was distributed through ATI so youre good. There are some that arent and those serial numbers arent known so really its a one by one case basis from here on out for those with scopes in need of service to see if they were sold through ATI or other channels.

Why all the butt hurt on the topic. I own 2 and was passing the CORRECT info along.

It's like you're picking at a 3 week old scab. Leave it alone already! Do you even have a problem with any of your scopes? Or are you just bringing this up again to let us know that you are covered? Premier went out of business, period. TT has gone above and beyond for Premier owners when they had ZERO obligation.

My 2 cents.

Todd

As I mentioned, I didn't read all the posts. Just bits and pieces. I am extatic that mine are covered. Not picking scabs, not throwing people under the bus. Just posting my experience..

IIRC they're not legally required to do squat diddly are they? If so, this sounds pretty stand-up and suggests you're not exactly dealing with a jerky company if you're considering their products. Am I off base with that impression?

I think they treated my friend's case as well as they possibly could have. He was pretty happy.

As I mentioned, I didn't read all the posts. Just bits and pieces. I am ecstatic that mine are covered. Not picking scabs, not throwing people under the bus. Just posting my experience..

You did fine. Some people seem unaware that one doesn't have to read every thread. They're the same ones that slow down to gawk at accidents on the other side of the freeway.

well gents a got the green weenie from Tangent theta.. my scope was not covered under their warranty therefore they offered me a shitty trade in credit for 1000 off their 4000 optic even though my optic was distributed through one of their sellers... well screw it.. I dont recommend purchasing a Tangent Theat scope if your going to buy an optic worth 4000 and you accidentally break it! your screwed

So, you're upset because they offered you a substantial discount with a broken trade in, that they did not manufacture?
I'm not defending TT here, but how the fuck are they responsible for a scope they didn't manufacture and is no longer manufactured by anybody?
Parts are drying up, at some point, they can't repair them.
A "shitty" trade? Well then, sell you broken scope and see how much you get for it.

well gents a got the green weenie from Tangent theta.. my scope was not covered under their warranty therefore they offered me a shitty trade in credit for 1000 off their 4000 optic even though my optic was distributed through one of their sellers... well screw it.. I dont recommend purchasing a Tangent Theat scope if your going to buy an optic worth 4000 and you accidentally break it! your screwed

I have zero skin in this game, but your assertion that TT and their customer service sucks because they wouldn't fix ANOTHER COMPANY's OPTIC is asinine. If they'd refused to fix a TT scope, then you may have a gripe, but trashing them for offering you a credit you're not really entitiled to is bullshit.

Reactions: matt33

TT purchased the physical assets and intellectual property of Premier. They DID NOT take over the company. Some of you need to learn a little bit about business and do your research before you go ranting.

HYPOTHETICAL:
I purchase the machinery, tooling, and all other property from a well known gunsmithing operation, that has or is going out of business. I bought the assets, not the fucking company. I want to use their shit to build a whole new line of products under a new company. Am I required to honor the warranty of everything that company built?....FUCK NO. Now, I might be nice, and say "hey I might can fix a few things because I have the parts and tooling", but I am not required, nor should I be expected to.

I think they were trying to do a good thing by attempting to fix what they could, not all of the Premier line was produced the same way, and TT has no way of fixing that. I think giving you one fucking dollar towards trade in on a scope they didn't even make is more than generous.

I don't even own a TT scope, not going to anytime in the near future, but that's for different reasons, so no, I'm not defending them because I own one.

you guys are right.. im just a little pissed off you know.. yea i fucked up but i wasnt a dick to em i was polite i talked to em back n forth.. just sucks i guess premier is the shitty culprit here but if you say your going to back your warranty then wtf you know... you go to sights like primal rights and they say shit like hey guys ATI will honor all premier optics warranty regardless of how you obtained them..

by the way my Premier scope was sold through one of their distributors... so it was under warranty.. but here is the kicker my stupid ass friend tightened the scope rings a bit to tight.. that it was having parallax issues i went online and this seems to be a problem with scopes... sent it in and i dont even know if they looked at it but they told me it was UN-repairable... asked me where i bought it.. i guess im used to the vortex type warranty but then again not many companies are like that now days

any who fdkay yea im going to see what i can get for it ill post it on here maybe someone will take them up on there 1,000 discount

you guys are right.. im just a little pissed off you know.. yea i fucked up but i wasnt a dick to em i was polite i talked to em back n forth.. just sucks i guess premier is the shitty culprit here but if you say your going to back your warranty then wtf you know... you go to sights like primal rights and they say shit like hey guys ATI will honor all premier optics warranty regardless of how you obtained them..

Be pissed off that Premier went out of business, that's ok, but nothing more. I have a safe full of old Weavers and Redfields, in mint condition, and if something happens to them then it then that's it, nothing can be done, and I know that. It is what it is. Companies go out of business all the time, we call it free market.

by the way my Premier scope was sold through one of their distributors... so it was under warranty.. but here is the kicker my stupid ass friend tightened the scope rings a bit to tight.. that it was having parallax issues i went online and this seems to be a problem with scopes... sent it in and i dont even know if they looked at it but they told me it was UN-repairable... asked me where i bought it.. i guess im used to the vortex type warranty but then again not many companies are like that now days

any who fdkay yea im going to see what i can get for it ill post it on here maybe someone will take them up on there 1,000 discount

Again, not the fucking same. Vortex is Vortex, TT is NOT Premier. Bad anaolgy. You should have stopped at post #20.

Get the $1000 from TT, Get another $1000 from your friend and go buy a badass scope.

Reactions: matt33
Be pissed off that Premier went out of business, that's ok, but nothing more. I have a safe full of old Weavers and Redfields, and if something happens to them then it then that's it, nothing can be done, and I know that. It is what it is. Companies go out of business all the time, we call it free market.

that is true! next time i will stick with leupold

Tangent Theta's warranty on their OWN scopes (i.e. a Tangent Theta) is great. I had a problem with mine and they overnighted me a brand new one, no questions asked. Even Vortex wouldn't do that. It's understandable you're upset about your Premier scope. But taking cheap jabs at TT because of it is taking the low road.

TT purchased the physical assets and intellectual property of Premier. They DID NOT take over the company. Some of you need to learn a little bit about business and do your research before you go ranting.

HYPOTHETICAL:
I purchase the machinery, tooling, and all other property from a well known gunsmithing operation, that has or is going out of business. I bought the assets, not the fucking company. I want to use their shit to build a whole new line of products under a new company. Am I required to honor the warranty of everything that company built?....FUCK NO. Now, I might be nice, and say "hey I might can fix a few things because I have the parts and tooling", but I am not required, nor should I be expected to.

I agree with your assessment, escept for one thing you omitted. That one thing makes all the difference in the world!

That being, there was a "guarantee" posted here on the Hide by a vendor, with an assurance from an executive from TT, that Premier's warranty would be honored, "no matter what".

To that point, Premier scopes were not offered on any 'closeout' sale, or any 'going out of business' sale. With the above 'assurance', Premier products were specifically kept at full retail price. And used scopes retained a higher value.

If it were not for the above assurance, as 'insurance' to purchase Premier scopes with confidence, their value would most assuredly have been affected. Negatively....

So, there's the difference, and its a BIG one.
If Premier scopes went on 'Fire Sale', 'closeout', etc., that'd be one thing. I wouldn't expect ANY future company to honor a warranty on ANY 'closeout' items. That would be as you described in your analogy. That makes great sense...

However, in contrast to your analogy, the fact of the matter is this:
WE, the customers (buyers AND used market sellers) were assured one thing, that ALL Premiers would be covered under TT.
The more recent reality is that, effectively we were duped. Whether by design, or default, the carpet got ripped out from under many Premier owners...

Not wanting to dig up that whole mess. Just compelled to clarify that there WAS an "assurance" offered and taken with regard to Premier scopes. With that in mind, your analogy above is not exactly representative. Consider this addendum to your analogy:

If you'd offered customers of the company you acquired an unconditional warranty, then backtracked on it, how do you think those customers would react???

Your right, I did leave that part out. But I left it out on purpose. Most of that came from the "vendor", a middleman whom I've never even met personally. I don't know anything about him except what I've seen on the hide. Maybe it was the truth, maybe he wasn't, I don't know. TT attempted to do the right thing, that they didn't even have to do. However, in hindsight, they weren't able to accommodate everyone, more specifically, certain scopes. It is purely my opninion that they should not be faulted for that. Leupold did the same exact fucking thing when they acquired Redfeild, and the parts dried up super quick. And now, if you have a Refield your only option is to send it to a totally separate 3rd part company that may or may not have the parts and charges you over $100 to even look at your scope. Maybe TT made a blanket statement without doing more research into what they could truly provide, again something they didn't have to do.

I agree with your assessment, escept for one thing you omitted. That one thing makes all the difference in the world!

That being, there was a "guarantee" posted here on the Hide by a vendor, with an assurance from an executive from TT, that Premier's warranty would be honored, "no matter what".

To that point, Premier scopes were not offered on any 'closeout' sale, or any 'going out of business' sale. With the above 'assurance', Premier products were specifically kept at full retail price. And used scopes retained a higher value.

If it were not for the above assurance, as 'insurance' to purchase Premier scopes with confidence, their value would most assuredly have been affected. Negatively....

So, there's the difference, and its a BIG one.
If Premier scopes went on 'Fire Sale', 'closeout', etc., that'd be one thing. I wouldn't expect ANY future company to honor a warranty on ANY 'closeout' items. That would be as you described in your analogy. That makes great sense...

However, in contrast to your analogy, the fact of the matter is this:
WE, the customers (buyers AND used market sellers) were assured one thing, that ALL Premiers would be covered under TT.
The more recent reality is that, effectively we were duped. Whether by design, or default, the carpet got ripped out from under many Premier owners...

Not wanting to dig up that whole mess. Just compelled to clarify that there WAS an "assurance" offered and taken with regard to Premier scopes. With that in mind, your analogy above is not exactly representative. Consider this addendum to your analogy:

If you'd offered customers of the company you acquired an unconditional warranty, then backtracked on it, how do you think those customers would react???

Find me a statement by TT/ATI then post it, otherwise stop with the he said/she said crap.

Find me a statement by TT/ATI then post it, otherwise stop with the he said/she said crap.

I was addressing with respect to MATADOR's analogy being incomplete.
As for how thing when down when the 'Hide learned of Premier's end, here's the old link to that thread:
https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...remier-reticles-gone-but-no-close-out-pricing

For the "assurance", refer to post #21:

Tangent Theta is committed to supporting Premier scopes as if they are their own branded scopes. The people involved here are of impeccable integrity, and I would not hesitate trusting their word. ... and I quote Andy Webber, President of Tangent Theta: "We will honor the lifetime warranty on Premier branded rifle scopes as if they were built by Tangent Theta." Me: "So, lifetime. Does this mean transferable lifetime that moves with the scope? A 'forever' warranty?" Andy: "Yes, if it says Tangent Theta or Premier on the scope, we will warranty that scope forever."

It is for this reason that you will not be seeing new Premier's still in stock being discounted in a "going out of business" sale. Their value today, is what it was before Tangent Theta announced their new scopes. The higher price of the TT scopes, and the fact that the TT scopes have better features, means they really aren't competing directly with the Premier brand. We still have Premier's in stock, and we've still been selling them. The Premier Light Tactical's we have at $2200 are still considerably cheaper than the $2998 required to own an M-series TT scope. Point in fact, we experienced an influx of Premier sales after the TT scopes were announced, because new Premier's are a finite resource. Once they are gone, they are gone... and after that if you want an externally adjustable tool-less zero stop, you're only option will be a TT at a much higher price.

It may seem odd, but with a company like ATI behind the scopes, the Premier brand is actually stronger than it ever has been. So while they will not be manufacturing any new Premier-branded products, at least there is finally some stability that has not existed with these Premier scopes since their introduction. That really is pretty exciting for anyone that owns a Premier.

No sweat off my balls, anymore. I'm over it. Got my scopes and will take what comes, good & bad.

But I won't abide the 'record of events' on the Hide morphing (via inadequate analogy) to show something different than what actually transpired.

And of course no one mentioned the ATI sting operations to make sure that Premier scope's were indeed being sold for top dollar.

Naw, they'd sooner besmirch Premier owners with BS analogies, as if we are making this shit up...

I like my premier scopes. I just bought another 3-15. I'll run them until the all break and try to find a suitable replacement. Until then I'll be perfectly fine, warranty or not. It seems we're getting spoiled with these warranties lately. To me, if I fucking break something, then it's on me... If the thing that I broke is no longer made, well then that's just too bad for me. I'll have to suck it up and replace it with something else.

Tangent Theta can assist with some but not all repairs. I found out that they lack the ability to repair my Premier that had a wandering parallax problem on a scope that is well documented under their warranty program. However, they have since disbanded much of the equipment and personnel (Paul Lange is no longer employed by their parent company) to repair these scopes. They worked with me to come to some sort of agreement (partial refund, though the credit toward a TT was really the better option). But to potential buyers and owners of Premiers, don't expect TT to be able to perform top to bottom repairs on Premier branded scopes. They will assist to the best of their ability, but can't hold onto parts and personnel to repair the scopes forever.

Last edited:
Anyone have a list of serial numbers

Yes, TT does. Call them and they will tell you if your scope is covered.

I had a turret locking cam fail. I called. Mine was not covered, but they graciously helped me out by sending me a new one (they apparently have lots of these from the old Premier inventory). My scope is now back, 100% operational after 5 minutes of (1) unscrewing broken cam, (2) putting a little bit of grease down, and (3) screwing in new cam.

TT is a good company to deal with. They are honest and helpful. Thank you TT for keeping my favorite optic in the fight.

Not to bump an ancient thread, but what is the beat way to comtact TT about coverage on my Premier scope? Been out the game (and the country) for a few years and just getting back..

Give them a call. It will likely be Crystal that you’ll speak to regarding the warranty status of your Premier.

Also note that TT is no longer performing any scope repairs, just trade ins....

Bought in ATI’s network - trade in value is 80% of original retail

Bought outside network (usually direct from Premier) - trade in value is $1000

Scope is an early prototype (there are a few of these floating around out there) - no trade in value

Email Crystal Turko - She is great at responding quickly and usually gets back to you same day. PM me if you need the email address.

Thank you! I appreciate it. I have been out for a bit.... lol playing catchup now. Its bad... i just found a cherry Vortex Razor and another premier in one of my safes I totally forgot about so this will be doubly helpful.