• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Press mounts

texasbrian66

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2012
I looked for pictures of what others had already done when I was thinking about a making press mounts. After looking at many different types this is what I did.

The progressive mount is ROCK solid. The mount under the single stage is not ROCK solid and I will be replacing it. I mounted the powder drop and decapper press on one unit to save space.

I hope this helps
005_zpsa504d238.jpg

014_zpsd99e2d7c.jpg

013_zps04ed7248.jpg

016_zps667ec56a.jpg

Re: Press mounts

Just wondering but are you going to turn the mount around every time you want to decap brass? Nice mounts by the way!

Yes. I turn the mount around to decap large batches of brass. Before you mount your press read the instructions that came with it. You can also find very good videos on YouTube that will explain how to mount a press. The single stage press is not Rock solid and will be replaced or reworked.

I hope his helps

I didn't understand the screen in the garage, and I don't understand the need to raise the press off the bench, unless the bench height was way too low.

I do get the Dillon strong mount, so you don't have to notch your bench.

And from my veiw, it doesn't look like your bench can stand the weight of more iron without support.

I've mounted all my presses to 2x8's or 2x10's then I use C clamps to mount it to the bench. This gives me infinite flexibility where I can mount the press and it doesn't mar up my work bench with multiple holes.

Milo2

You must sit while you reload. I like to stand during the process. I also have an adjustable stool if needed.

You have to look at under the bench to see how well to is constructed. I had a 4x4 leg under the single stage but took it out because it did not heed it.

My most important concern when constricting the loading bench was stability.

Lamironman

Everyone must find out what works best for them. Pictures of your setup may help someone with similar wants and needs. Post some pictures if you have them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texasbrian66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iamironman

Everyone must find out what works best for them. Pictures of your setup may help someone with similar wants and needs. Post some pictures if you have them. </div></div>

IMG_20120116_164835.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texasbrian66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The single stage press is not Rock solid and will be replaced or reworked.
</div></div>

Looks to me like a rear brace mounted at a 45deg angle should solve that!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sudden Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texasbrian66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The single stage press is not Rock solid and will be replaced or reworked.
</div></div>

Looks to me like a rear brace mounted at a 45deg angle should solve that!

</div></div>

Sudden Impact

Yes. It is not a big job to fix. I can probably find some scrap metal that will work.

Thanks