• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision price check on military issue pvs14 helmet mount? (is this a good deal?)

Creature

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2007
I have a line on a military issue helmet mount to $20. It fits on to the standard issue helmets(the pasgt I think). It also has a lanyard that goes over the top, hooks on the back and then has a lever on top to cinch it down. Is this a good deal?

It would be if it is in useable shape. I have seen some of these coming back from the sandbox that are in pretty rough shape, but hey, it's $20, so it wouldn't hurt to try.

throw out a wtb on here, i'm sure there are plenty of guys with spare mounts they will give you one, I have one i'd give you but i'm 3500 miles away from my stache of spare stuff

The price sounds fair and it will work for most purposes.

I prefer the mounts that actually bolt onto the helmets though. The strap-on mount is not as rigid and can loosen up. I have bolt-on mounts that stay on for years of use with no issues, and I don't even use loc-tite.

I re-deploy sometime this week... that is if the Air Force can pull their heads out of their asses... PM me on Friday or Saturday. I've got a couple of 'em sittin around at the house. They're not the kind that cinch down with a strap over the top of the helmet. They're the kind that screw in with 1 screw at the forehead of the helmet. I'll have to dig around, but I know they're there. You won't even have to pay $20.