• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Price inquiry for Dillion XL-650 with accessories

SigsauerP229

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2011
N. NV
Can you guys give me an idea of what I should sell a used Dillion XL-650 for? It would come with the pictured items and reloading stations. This belonged to my father who passed and I only do single stage reloading, so I've been considering selling it to give the funds to my mother as it's just sitting in my garage.

Here are a couple pictures and thanks for the help.

photo-10.jpg

photo-9.jpg

Re: Price inquiry for Dillion XL-650 with accessories

Sorry to hear about your father and my condolences. Good to see you're on top of handling things.

For what's pictured, (and it all looks like Dillon stuff), and the upgrades I can see I'd say put it on ebay with a starting price of $1200 - $1300 to get some bids going and it should end up selling at least a few hundred higher than that. I'm assuming the caliber conversions are all there too.

The other option, and perhaps a better one, is to go online and price out the equipment and reduce that amount by about 10% - 20% depending on how fast you want to sell it. That percentage reduction is generally in the ballpark for used Dillon equipment since they have such a great warranty. Then of course post for sale on this site.

The only negative is selling a lot of equipement as a "package deal" can depress the price a bit since you probably will not find many people that are looking for all those specific calibers. Something you may want to consider is listing the press and related equipment plus say the .45 acp as a package. List the other calibers each separately. A little more work but most likely will sell quicker. In any event good luck and feel free to PM / email if you have any questions.

Thank you for the help. This kit really is foreign to me.

I have at least 4 boxes labeled caliber conversions with several little items in them. I also have numerous empty Dillion die boxes so I'm sure they are all Dillion dies.

I hate eBay with the changes in the last few years, so much so that I don't even use them anymore.

I'd like to sell it locally to avoid shipping but that would take awhile.

I have a co-worker who is interested in trading the press for a Colt M4, which I can always sell or keep and just give my mom the funds from that.

If I sell it online, it will most likely be here. I'll include some of the pictures of the other items I have to go with it below including the empty die boxes.

If I were to sell it here complete, can you tell me what you think would be a fair shipped price?

Thanks again for the help.

photo-13.jpg

photo-12.jpg

photo-11.jpg

Just eyeballing it (without actually looking up new prices on everything), if you wanna move it fast, $1000 shipped. Its probably actually worth what "traderpats" suggested though, of $1200-$1300.

Wish I had the funds. Thats a lot of nice kit.

Yes, that definitely is a nice setup there. One thing though, you may want to consider. The "package" deal at a very-slightly reduced price.

I say this, due to the fact that the 'other calibers' that you have, would be useless to you without the press, and you would also have a not-so-easy time trying to sell them separately. If you entice the package with a lower price (marginally) then the buyer would take that responsibility with his/her savings.

And yes, even though I only have need for two of those calibers, I'd buy that setup in a minute if I had the money. Equipment well looked after, with everything set-up, and a great warranty to boot! At the moment, the best I could offer would be monthly payments,,, and that's not how things roll, here.

Enjoy, and good luck. It'll go fast.

And above all else, my condolences for the loss of your father.

Sean.

Thank you for all the help.

I appreciate everyone's condolences towards my family’s loss. It's been a few years since he passed and the immediate necessities were handled at the time of his passing but it took me awhile till I could handle picking up this stuff from his gun room. We spent many of hours in there reloading since I could remember and it took me awhile till I even wanted to shoot like we used to not that I ever stopped, it was just not a priority anymore like it had been with him. It took me even longer to want to take the reloading back up. I think he would have wanted me to carry on what he taught me though, so I’m back in the swing of things and enjoying it very much. His passing was un-expected and he was a great man and will forever be missed by family and friends.

Sean, I agree selling it complete would not only make sure I'm not left with un-needed parts but I'd also like to keep it simple rather then try to break everything up and ship it separate.

I've had several people contact me with interest in the setup. At this point I am offering it locally to a co-worker and friend. If he passes I will contact the people who have shown interest in the order I received their PM's. After that I will list it in the classifieds.

Since there are several people showing interest, I will update this thread as well to let everyone know if it is still available after next weekend as my co-worker will be by this weekend.

Again I really appreciate the help everyone has given.