• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Priceless

Rarebreed93

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2010
oHIo
Sighting in your expensive new deer rifle

1. Shiny new, high-powered deer rifle............$1,200.00

2. Quality, high-powered scope.........................$550.00

3. Bore sighting device......................................$140.00

4. Forgetting to remove the bore sighting device prior to actually

shooting the damned thing?

Priceless

boresite.jpg

barrel.jpg

barrel2.jpg

barrel3.jpg

strecher.jpg

5. Hospital Visit...........................................
$14,893.00

Re: Priceless

5. Not included in the series of photos when that happened in like '05.

yeah. I used to have same rifle picks years ago. Someone added the guy on the stretcher. Nice touch though.
I bet the sound was deafening in a weird sorta way. (Like, "That didn't sound right!?"Hahahaha
.........SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even the Mythbusters went after this one in 2007. Episode 75.</div></div>
What was their conclusion? I didn't see that one.
Sometimes I think they (Mythbusters) leave out alot of important stuff though. It's like they sometimes do a half ass job of trying to bust a myth or they don't include certain variables that could make or brake a myth.
.......SmokeRolls

Ok...Jasonk Mythbusters.....

Pics 1-4...absolutely happened, range is less than 30 minutes from me, heard about it. AND I know the gunsmith that rebarreled that rifle. He offered the guy twice what the rifle was worth to keep the whole thing as is/was but the guy wanted it rebarreled and not left around to show off his boresighting skills.

Picture #5, completely random picture of some dude on a stretcher. Guy that shot the rifle was just fine.

The End

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even the Mythbusters went after this one in 2007. Episode 75.</div></div>
What was their conclusion? I didn't see that one.
Sometimes I think they (Mythbusters) leave out alot of important stuff though. It's like they sometimes do a half ass job of trying to bust a myth or they don't include certain variables that could make or brake a myth.
.......SmokeRolls </div></div>
While they said it was "plausible", they only got a couple inch split in the barrel, and nothing close to resembling the one in the picture. You can see the written summary here. The video may be somewhere on the web, but I don't have the bandwidth to do videos during the day.

It was also the episode with the revisit to the Hathcock scope shot where they used a 30-06 AP round to penetrate the scope glass, and did.

jasonk: This photo string had been doubted so much, and with all the crap floating around the internet, it's good to know that at least something floating in the email chains is true. Thanks.

Yeah, thank you JasonK.

Now if we could only make your post a sticky, for the next ones that come out with that for the first time.

wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Wall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that sucks. I've never seen a barrel slit like that one did. </div></div>

Well that says more about you than the event because this pic has made the rounds. Like a record.