• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primal Rights - Competition Primer Seater

texag0842

Texas
Minuteman
May 12, 2013
Texas
Any reviews on this?

Waiting on a Prometheus to show up and during my research ran across this. Not worried about the price just on the function.

I have one. I really like it. Only issue with mine and it's probably something I am doing wrong. Once in awhile a primer gets a little hung up when running the primer bar. Definitely not a deal breaker.

@Jrb572 love hearing that.

Looks like I need to place an order.

Do you find the priming bar tedious having to cycle it every time?

Got one last month. It’s a very well made tool that does an exceptional consistent job with minimal effort. It’s also fast. No, its not cheap but it will be the last priming tool you will ever buy. I have 4 other hand priming tools that are in a junk bin now since this thing took over. Wish I bought the CPS years ago.

I’ve been intrigued by these, but at that price — don’t you have to ask yourself if it is actually valuable to precision on paper?

I use a RCBS bench mounted priming tool and can feel the primer bottom out against the back of the pocket - where it should be. Single digit SD’s and extreme spreads less than 10fps. I’m just not sure a 500.00 priming tool could net better results.

I’ve been intrigued by these, but at that price — don’t you have to ask yourself if it is actually valuable to precision on paper?

I use a RCBS bench mounted priming tool and can feel the primer bottom out against the back of the pocket - where it should be. Single digit SD’s and extreme spreads less than 10fps. I’m just not sure a 500.00 priming tool could net better results.

I was using a hand priming tool, and a Hornady press mounted one. I HATED priming. So much so that I found great reviews on the CPS. So I bought it without seeing it, figuring I could get close to my money back selling it, if I didn't like it.
Now I don't mind priming. So I took a process that I hated, and made me not hate it anymore. Definately worth the money for me. Its the sort of the same with my Giraurd trimmer. I hated trimming/chamfering/deburring. The Giraurd is also very expensive, but I took a process that I hated, and made it a non-issue. Same as the CPS.

A side note, I was using the Lee shellholders on the CPS and realized the case head would move a little when I seated a primer. There was a little too much play in the shell holder where it would grab the case rim. I just got the Sinclair brand shell holders today from Brownells and they are better machined and there is no slop because of tighter tolerances. Highly recommend getting this brand.

Can you give us a part number on the brownell shell holders? I did not know they offered a shell holder that was like the Lee autoprime shell holders.

I dont have the really expensive one, i have the one that is used in a press. I believe its called “cps lite” It only cost me $100 when i got it on sale a couple years ago.. it is super accurate, fast, and makes priming a lot more enjoyable than other methods

I have the CPS Lite on my Redding T7, a little more tedious to fine tune, but once its set its extremely fast and consistent. I usually prime 400-500 at a time. On average I can do 20 cases a minute at a steady pace, with visually and physically checking a proper seating.

The only problems Ive had with it so far is the priming bar limiting screw coming loose, which when it does, primers end up going everywhere. The rubberband seems like a simple fix for it, but after it happened once, I just used a second screw to reinforce it. Since then its been a non-issue.

The second, and its not necessarily the CPS's fault, but with tight primer pockets, thinner rims, or looser shell holders, the priming process tilts the case enough for the primer to be inserted at an angle. I went through a few shell holders to find the right one for my cases, theres still a minimal tilt, but I rotate the case 180* just like I do when seating a bullet.

I only handload for 6.5 CM and 308 Win at the moment and only use Peterson brass which have thinner rims by a few thousandths than normal. The Brownells Lee shellholders did not work well Peterson brass. Only 1 of the 3 Lee shellholders I bought was tight enough.

Reactions: texag0842
Have two one for large primer and one for small. Saves time. Only use Rifle Lapua brass and pistol is starline.
It is absolutely a great product.

If any of you guys need a Primal Rights Seater, we have some in stock and discounted for SH members. There is another link, somewhere in the WTB area, were we have fulfilled several hide members with their CPS's. We are also the international distributor, so if any of you guys are overseas, we can take care of you as well.

PM me for details

If any of you guys need a Primal Rights Seater, we have some in stock and discounted for SH members. There is another link, somewhere in the WTB area, were we have fulfilled several hide members with their CPS's. We are also the international distributor, so if any of you guys are overseas, we can take care of you as well.

Please PM a price delivered to 85234

PM me for details
Hey Greg, can you PM or email ([email protected]) the price for the CPS delivered to 94513

PM me for details
PM sent
Thank you

I purchased one of these earlier this year. Now that I have several hundred rounds primed, I can tell you that it is the most consistent priming system out there. Expensive, but worth the money if you are after the best performance available!

Reactions: Curt1521
has anyone been able to get a hold of GregSGPrecision? I tried sending him a PM, but I haven't received anything back. If anyone has pricing or a link to it could you please send it to me?

Also, if any of you have one you are looking to sell, I would be interested.

Thank you

He had a nuclear reaction and turned into ceramic after talking a bunch of dummies into cleaning their rifles with calcium, lime, and rust remover.

Reactions: MACHTECH
The primer seater is really great to use. I have no idea if it adds to accuracy of ammo or is "worth it." I can say that I like mine and would not sell it for what I paid.
The guy is Greg from Primal Rights. He is off the site but can be reached. The guy is an odd one to say the least. Primer seater is fine.

Last edited:
The primer seater is really great to use. I have no idea if it adds to accuracy of ammo or is "worth it." I can say that I like mine and would not sell it for what I paid.

That kind of touches on the question(s) in my mind: I realize it *should* be better, most likely 'feels' better, definitely 'looks' better, etc. than other options out there... for the cost delta, it *better* be better....

...but for those who have gone from other priming systems to the CPS, can you quantify the actual performance difference? Measurably tighter groups? Repeatably better ES/SD, over significant strings? No cherry picking just to validate your expense, but actually *better* in the long run, that you can *see*, in some metric, whether at the loading bench or down range?

I cannot tell that difference. I can say that it is very precise, very fast and easy to use. You can dial the seating depth .001 at a time easily. Zero hand fatigue. Excellent tactile feel of condition of pocket. My only reservation was buying anything from Greg. That took some getting over.

Last edited:
I will add that I do not utilize reticules that are conducive to shooing tiny groups. I get many groups under .3 inches for 10 shots at 100 yards but that is about as good as it gets. My FFP scopes with P4F or H59 do not allow much smaller groups with my eyes. YMMV.

Last edited:
has anyone been able to get a hold of GregSGPrecision? I tried sending him a PM, but I haven't received anything back. If anyone has pricing or a link to it could you please send it to me?

Also, if any of you have one you are looking to sell, I would be interested.

Thank you

Sorry guys. I have been dealing with a few professional and personal things the last few months.

I am currently out of stock of these units. I do plan on bringing another shipment near the end of the summer.

Also, I am not with SG PRECISION anymore. I will be changing my user name accordingly.

Thank you for understanding. Shoot straight gentleman.

I have one and love it. As far as an actual difference on paper from an rcbs bench primer I can’t see it, but it is a great piece of equipment. The speed alone is well worth it and there is no fatigue like I experienced with a hand primer. I can’t point to a statistical difference but this, my A&D scale and benchsource annealer are something that I will ever sell. Sure there are tools out there that are cheaper and almost as good but these are the top of the line (other than the benchsource now that they have the new auto feeder for the AMP) and provide you the ultimate flexibility and precision while reloading and provide the peace of mind that you’ve done ever possible thing to produce the best ammo possible

I have one and love it. As far as an actual difference on paper from an rcbs bench primer I can’t see it, but it is a great piece of equipment. The speed alone is well worth it and there is no fatigue like I experienced with a hand primer. I can’t point to a statistical difference but this, my A&D scale and benchsource annealer are something that I will ever sell. Sure there are tools out there that are cheaper and almost as good but these are the top of the line (other than the benchsource now that they have the new auto feeder for the AMP) and provide you the ultimate flexibility and precision while reloading and provide the peace of mind that you’ve done ever possible thing to produce the best ammo possible

This. Exactly.

I can add that my light primer strikes went from around 5% to zero since using the CPS.

Has anyone tried the Dillon primer tube refillers. I've been debating getting one to use with the CPS. I bought a couple extra tubes and just do a couple at a time so it's not a big deal, just thought it might make things better. Although if the CPS price tag looks steep you might have a heart attack at the price of the Dillon machines.

I have one. It’s really fun to watch. Unfortunately, I have so far been unable to tune out the system so that it does not invert couple of primers in each tube. It’s a mess in a progressive but not much of an issue in a CPS. I still use it.

Reactions: Dschapp44
I had the inverted primer issue when using Winchester primers. I switched to CCI and have not had one since.

Reactions: RTH1800
Does anyone know where I could get one of the primal rights cps in Australia? Iv emailed primal rights directly on around 6 Occassions and seem to be ignored, without any response whatsoever.

Try GregSGPrecision on here.I think he was the international distributor

Would recommend a square primer tray such as the RCBS if you don't have something already.

I’ve been using this and can’t recommend it enough. Really speeds the process up