• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Primary arms ACSS-RAPTOR-M2-556 reticle

Any idea on when the PLx 1-8x24mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS Raptor M2 5.56 / .308 will be back in stock?
Also do you have any special forum discounts available?

Thanks.

Schedule to ship late this month. We will air freight them and then we put them through our stateside QC process so Jul for shipping to customers and dealer. We have a Mil/LE discount program. We have always tried to have a honest fair price up front No MSRP. That said in normal times our own .com, Optics planet and Midway have occasionally run site wide promotions. These are not normal times. With all the madness in the market I don't know if we will see that for the rest of this year.

Last edited:
Schedule to ship late this month. We will air freight them and then we put them through our stateside QC process so Jul for shipping to customers and dealer. We have a Mil/LE discount program. We have always tried to have a honest fair price up front No MSRP. That said in normal times our own .com, Optics planet and Midway have occasionally run site wide promotions. These are not normal times. With all the madness in the market I don't know if we will see that for the rest of this year.

Is the leo/mil program for veterans too, or just active duty?

Just shipped today. So new tracking # doesn't work yet. My guess is Friday at the earliest.

Just ordered another one of the Glx 2.5-10x44 Scopes for my wife’s AR. Had it shipped 2 day so we will have it in time for the match this coming weekend. Lots of 200 300 and 400 yard targets so that 10x should really come in handy!! Can’t wait for you to get yours and report back.

Just ordered another one of the Glx 2.5-10x44 Scopes for my wife’s AR. Had it shipped 2 day so we will have it in time for the match this coming weekend. Lots of 200 300 and 400 yard targets so that 10x should really come in handy!! Can’t wait for you to get yours and report back.

USPS Priority Mail, tracking now says Thursday. If i dont go play golf, I just might have to go to the range and try it out on Sunday.

So I walked out of my house to find a box sitting there. Scope showed up early. Would have been nice if the delivery guy would have knocked. Looked at my tracking and said it was there at 5:30 last night. Kinda pissdd it sat out in the open for 12 hours. Unboxed it and checked it out. Turrets are nice and crisp, glass is clear, looked through my window in the kitchen at street signs down the block and were able see them clearly. I definitely think I made the right decision for this rifle. Cant wait to mount it up and look through it on a range.

So I walked out of my house to find a box sitting there. Scope showed up early. Would have been nice if the delivery guy would have knocked. Looked at my tracking and said it was there at 5:30 last night. Kinda pissdd it sat out in the open for 12 hours. Unboxed it and checked it out. Turrets are nice and crisp, glass is clear, looked through my window in the kitchen at street signs down the block and were able see them clearly. I definitely think I made the right decision for this rifle. Cant wait to mount it up and look through it on a range.
Well sounds like that’s good and bad lol..

Give us an update when you have it mounted and get to the range!! Post photos of your setup

20200611_185946.jpg

Got it mounted. Its a Franklin Armory M4-SBR-L with an ODIN .223 Wylde barrel and adjustable gas block. Don't mind the grip fin, I live in California. Still trying to figure out what muzzle brake I want to install.

Reactions: JeremyV
View attachment 7349391

Got it mounted. Its a Franklin Armory M4-SBR-L with an ODIN .223 Wylde barrel and adjustable gas block. Don't mind the grip fin, I live in California. Still trying to figure out what muzzle brake I want to install.
It’s sad about the grip but what can you do living in CA. Looks good other then that though. You going to make it to the range this weekend?

This thread has been helpful as I have been debating whether to go for the PLx 2.5-10X or a Vortex Viper PST gen2 2-10X for my Centurion Arms 16" 5.56 AR. Any opinions or pro/cons on these two? Was also wondering if there will be any fathers day/4th of July deals?

I'm making it to the golf range this weekend but not the gun range. Have it lined up to go out to the steel range in Sacramento next weekend. They have targets out to 500 meters. Gotna bipod adapter for it ordered and a venom defense muzzle brake last night. Friend of mine has some 68gr bthp hornady ammo I'm gonna try out. See if the BDC is even close.

This thread has been helpful as I have been debating whether to go for the PLx 2.5-10X or a Vortex Viper PST gen2 2-10X for my Centurion Arms 16" 5.56 AR. Any opinions or pro/cons on these two? Was also wondering if there will be any fathers day/4th of July deals?
Kinda depends on if you need a reticle that works on low power as well as high power.

I almost got the pst even though it costs quite a bit more but in the end having a low power of 2.5 I wanted a reticle that was actually usable on that power. I would encourage you to take a look through one of the pst 2.5-10 on low power and image looking at any brush or anything that would clutter the view.... in my opinion finding the reticle is a challenge to do quickly.

The pst has better glass but not by much also it has a better Eyebox and the field of view is also a little better.

Knobs are better on the GLx in my opinion And I like the lock button Better then the push pull style. Also zeroing and setting the zero stop is easier on the GLX not that it’s hard on the vortex.

Glx reticle is better for fast engagements up close and also fast for range estimation and engagements with the bdc
if your dialing then the pst reticle is cleaner on high power... However the tip of the triangle is very fine on the reticle on the GLX so you never have to worry about your reticle covering the whole target.

Pst gen2. 26.3oz vs 22.5 for the GLX

The Reticle In the GLX was a huge selling point for me..

So in closing I guess it depends on what your using the rifle for.. I like the weight savings the reticle and the adjustment knobs more on the GLX.
I like the Eyebox and field of view better on the pst..

Glass quality is good enough on both that it wasn’t a deciding factor for me.

Kinda depends on if you need a reticle that works on low power as well as high power.

I almost got the pst even though it costs quite a bit more but in the end having a low power of 2.5 I wanted a reticle that was actually usable on that power. I would encourage you to take a look through one of the pst 2.5-10 on low power and image looking at any brush or anything that would clutter the view.... in my opinion finding the reticle is a challenge to do quickly.

The pst has better glass but not by much also it has a better Eyebox and the field of view is also a little better.

Knobs are better on the GLx in my opinion And I like the lock button Better then the push pull style. Also zeroing and setting the zero stop is easier on the GLX not that it’s hard on the vortex.

Glx reticle is better for fast engagements up close and also fast for range estimation and engagements with the bdc
if your dialing then the pst reticle is cleaner on high power... However the tip of the triangle is very fine on the reticle on the GLX so you never have to worry about your reticle covering the whole target.

Pst gen2. 26.3oz vs 22.5 for the GLX

The Reticle In the GLX was a huge selling point for me..

So in closing I guess it depends on what your using the rifle for.. I like the weight savings the reticle and the adjustment knobs more on the GLX.
I like the Eyebox and field of view better on the pst..

Glass quality is good enough on both that it wasn’t a deciding factor for me.
Thanks for the reply. My AR will be for home SHTF and fun at the range, so a bit of dual purpose vs being dedicated to one type of use. My range has 50 - 200 yds, but I usually just shoot 100 yds at paper. Although on occasion I may shoot longer distance steel. I've been torn between LPVO, red dot or prism, but am leaning toward LPVO provided the LPVO is acceptable for CQB situations (I realize that is not optimal). I have also noticed a Riton X7 1-8 x 28 that looks interesting, but the company is relatively new one and I cannot find much in the way of reviews.

Thanks for the reply. My AR will be for home SHTF and fun at the range, so a bit of dual purpose vs being dedicated to one type of use. My range has 50 - 200 yds, but I usually just shoot 100 yds at paper. Although on occasion I may shoot longer distance steel. I've been torn between LPVO, red dot or prism, but am leaning toward LPVO provided the LPVO is acceptable for CQB situations (I realize that is not optimal). I have also noticed a Riton X7 1-8 x 28 that looks interesting, but the company is relatively new one and I cannot find much in the way of reviews.

I would recommend an LVPO with a 1x if you're trying to use it as a home defense weapon or an offset RMR style reddot. If you want a 1x LVPO the Burris RT-6 or Swampfox Arrowhead (in 1-6,1-8,or 1-10) would be my recommendation. If you want something higher mag the Bushnell Nitros (2.5-10 or 3-12) that are on blowout pricing are pretty great deals.

Reactions: txglock
Had a PLx 1-8 with the Raptor reticle on my Larue rifle. The glass was amazing, close to that of my NX8. The reticle was nice and the illumination was daylight bright. The turrets were nice and tactile and their warranty was amazing. I sold it Thursday.

Reactions: txglock
View attachment 7337499I got the glx 2.5-10x44 with the ACSS-RAPTOR-M2-5.56 for an upcoming 3gun match I’m shooting trooper division so it’s a bit different then normal and we have bonus targets you can shoot that go out to 1000 yards.

This should be a sweet setup with my offset red dot. I had a vortex razor 1-6 on before but I like this setup better. Glass is actually Surprisingly clear for the price. Adjustment knobs feel awesome as well and from what I hear track great. I’ll be testing them out tomorrow.
Field of view is definitely not as awesome as a top tear scope but for the money I’m impressed.

I know my ballistics are not going to match up perfect with the bdc so Normally I actually zero the BDC at 400 yards then check my 100 yard zero and see how close that is and note where I’m hitting at all other ranges. If I’m shooting past 400 I’ll probably be dialing. In less for some freak reason my load happens to match up close enough to use the bdc even farther. The horseshoe on low power is actually really nice.
What mount are you using? Looks solid.

Looks like he's using Aero Precision Extended mount vs the Aero Precision SPR that i'm using. Only difference between the two is the SPR is 1" longer than Extended.
I don't think so. Look at the orientation of the ring bolts which go in top down. I much prefer that type of mount versus rings that bolt up from the side.

I don't think so. Look at the orientation of the ring bolts which go in top down. I much prefer that type of mount versus rings that bolt up from the side.
C6E26EBF-7A91-41AD-A6E4-397F3D89EE7B.jpeg
I had a UTG mount on there in the first photo it’s super solid..

I actually switched to the aero Precision right before the
Aero Precision High Desert 3 Gun match this weekend. I was trying to save a little more weight.

We had over 200 shooters from all over the country it was awesome I shot trooper so had to carry all my equipment and ammo and hike everywhere for 3 days. I had 5 guns to Carry and all the ammo and support gear. That’s why I changed to the lighter mount trying to save weight where I could and they are pretty dang solid too. Loved the Glx reticle for engaging targets quickly we had 2moa targets out to 400 yards that we shot with the AR then bonus targets out to 980 with the bolt gun.

We had a crazy storm blow in with high winds and rain and they actually shut down the competition for a few hours from the rain and flooding but we survived and finished out the match. I ended up 3rd place so was pretty happy with that all things considered.

Last edited:
Just went to Optics Planet and it says to expect delivery in 11-13 MONTHS!!!
Not a good sign.