• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primary Arms Discovery 2024

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

1705865054305.png

Not bad. The upside down christmas tree is new. Better than the chevron for sure. I'll keep poking around to see if there is a blown up view.

Reactions: Lowlight
    Steiner made an almost identical reticle to this years ago and it works very well for sfp bdc style lvpo optics.

Not bad. The upside down christmas tree is new. Better than the chevron for sure. I'll keep poking around to see if there is a blown up view.
    I understand the desire to make the horizontal stadia equate to 18" for torso ranging purposes, thus making the upside down tree, but I'll never understand why they don't add some windage reference dots back in. I've been shooting 6x LPVO's beyond 500 yards for years with the reticle below and I've never wished I had less information. I can count on one hand the number of times I've shot past 400 and not needed to hold more wind than the horizontal lines in the Nova reticle would allow.
    It's also my only gripe with the Razor G2 1-6x, and the reason I don't own one anymore.
    Screenshot_20240121_163058_Strelok Pro.jpg

Reactions: LRRPF52
    I understand the desire to make the horizontal stadia equate to 18" for torso ranging purposes, thus making the upside down tree, but I'll never understand why they don't add some windage reference dots back in. I've been shooting 6x LPVO's beyond 500 yards for years with the reticle below and I've never wished I had less information. I can count on one hand the number of times I've shot past 400 and not needed to hold more wind than the horizontal lines in the Nova reticle would allow.
    It's also my only gripe with the Razor G2 1-6x, and the reason I don't own one anymore.View attachment 8329275

What optic is pictured?

@marsh1

Ok... I've watched the video, went to the catalogue, it mentions nothing about this feature... Is this for real? Is this compatible with the SLx 1-10x28's made from 2022-2023, as well? Can we buy exposed elevation turrets to install on them? Will it have a zero stop? These are the important questions... Because I have 2 of the ACSS Griffin M10S MIL reticle versions, and they're awesome. But I would love to have an exposed elevation turret w/ ZS for dialing, if I wanted to put it on something that will reach out farther than 200 yards...

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 5.25.18 PM.png

It's also my only gripe with the Razor G2 1-6x, and the reason I don't own one anymore.View attachment 8329275
    100%. Why anyone is still making reticles with drop out to 400 only and decreasing with stadia kinda frustrates me.

I have a Burris 1.5-6x42 MTAC scope that came with my LaRue Stealth 2.0, which I am very grateful for, but I don’t use it because of the reticle. If it had a tree reticle, that scope would be on that rifle and get taken to the range frequently. If it had the GRSC reticle in it, I would be tickled, the one that goes out to 1200yds.

For a hunting scope, it would probably be fine. Hmmm. Maybe I need to just mount it on my .270 Winchester. The FoV on it seems really wide and clear, great optic otherwise.

I have access to lots of long ranges in the Mountain-West region, so 400yds is boring for me to shoot at even with the 12” Grendel. I love scopes that are user-friendly, wide FoV, clear glass, semi-auto tough, with useful reticles. No useful reticle, no interest.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
    What optic is pictured?

Reactions: MK20