• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Primary Arms v. Atibal

Bought one…. Liked it so much I bought a 2nd one.

Reactions: Nukes and msgriff
I have a 1-8 FFP SLx and a 1-8 FFP PLx scope- both with some form of mrad Christmas tree reticle. I know the PLx is a ‘better’ scope. But damn. For an unwashed like myself, the SLx is a lot of scope for the money.

Reactions: Nukes and FuhQ
The new FFP PLX Compact 1-8x24 is fantastic glass and overall just hard to beat for the price. It's one of the best balanced(balancing the important parts of what makes a good lpvo) LPVOs on the market imo.

Atibal is unadulterated junk. Go with Primary Arms. The SLx line just got revamped and it is surprisingly decent for the money.

ILya
Meaning new SLx scopes are coming out or ones currently up on their site are revamped? I'm in the same vertical as the OP right now so I'm curious.

Meaning new SLx scopes are coming out or ones currently up on their site are revamped? I'm in the same vertical as the OP right now so I'm curious.
The SLx 1–10x28 that I linked to is one of their new(er) and possibly one of the revamped models (@koshkin can probably give you better insight on that). All I know is the 34mm tube is nice, it’s a tank, the glass is clear and bright, the reticle is excellent, and It’s a lot of LPVO for the money. Having used both a good bit now, I’d pick the SLx 1-10x over my old Strike Eagle 1-8x SFP any day. Definitely worth the extra $50 more for the SLx.

Reactions: Nukes
Thanks Gents. Atibal scratched completely.

I'd put a Nightforce on the rifle in a heartbeat, but I hate all their reticles.

Reactions: FuhQ
For a suppressed AR15 tackdriver in .223 shooting 77gn Berger Hybrids…

Primary Arms Compact PLx-1-8x24mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS Raptor M8 Yard 5.56 / .308 Reticle https://www.primaryarms.com/primary...pe-illuminated-acss-raptor-m8-556-308-reticle

versus

Atibal Hybrid12 1-12X32 FFP (MPVO) https://atibal-optics.com/products/atibal-hybrid12-1-12x32-ffp-mpvo

or other?

If it's a mostly target rifle and you can spend 1500 bucks I'd buy something completely different with at least 15x on the top end.

I recently ordered a primary arms slx 1-6 ACSS because I have been doing a lot of plinking at steel and wanted to play with a 1-x type scope without blowing a ton of money. The strike eagle was the other one I looked at but I didn't like the reticule. My guess is most of these cheaper 1-X scopes are coming out of the same factory in China so durability and glass quality will be similar.

My limited experience with Atibal glass is that it is on par to a step below Vortex Strike Eagle quality. I read good things about PA for the price but haven't had any time behind one. Would be inclined to try PA, or low end Vortex, before Atibal.