• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prime 338 lapua Ammo

Snipe260

Fisterateor
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    Has anyone shot this here? Results if you have please. Thanks.

What’s a good alternative factory anmo? I have quite a bit of prime, figured I would reload after I shoot it all up. In the mean time I did purchase some hunting loads.

What’s a good alternative factory anmo? I have quite a bit of prime, figured I would reload after I shoot it all up. In the mean time I did purchase some hunting loads.

The Berger 300s have shot well out of my 338LM. Typical SDs have been 8 or 9. MV ~2750. Berger uses Lapua brass. A box of 20 sells for $83 at Mile High.

Reactions: E-Tool and Howland
    When I shoot the expensive stuff, I shoot Berger with the 250 grain Lapua Scenar bullet. It is kick-ass

For cheaper factory ammo, I have shoot the Sellier and Bellot 250 grain. I have shot it out to 1,200 yards in upstate NY with great success.

I recorded 2619, 2658 and 2646 fps with 338 prime ammo out of my axsr 27” barrel, 200 ft above sea level. I only took 3 shots then moved on to my hand loads.