• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Prime 6.5 SAUM Factory Ammo

HTX_17

Lurker Extraordinaire
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Houston
Did anyone pick this up from Target Sports? If so, did you find it to be suitable practice ammo?

Thinking about buying a case.

Reactions: huntandfish2983
I bought a couple of boxes to test. Better than practice ammo! Don;t have the numbers in front of me but was low ES and SD and all sub MOA groups. Best was .3. Would buy again!

Reactions: HTX_17
would love to hear what the neck dimension is on a loaded round.

Does anyone have anu updated range report that they could give me on the: Prime Ammunition 6.5 SAUM 4S Ammo 142 Grain OTM Match+?

I'd like to get some feedback before I place an order for a couple of hundred rounds.

I purchased a couple of boxes when I picked up a 6.5 Saum from another member here on the Hide about 1 year ago. Used it to create a baseline to compare for my reload workup. Was very pleased with results. Very consistent muzzle velocity, low ES and SD even though I do not have my notes here right now. I did work a load that is better and I have a high confidence level in. This is not just range ammo. It is match grade in my opinion. If I was not reloading I would have bought a case

Jerry - thank you very much for your input. Pun intended… I pulled the trigger and bought 400 rounds.

Reactions: Jerry V
I got an M70 CRF barreled action on here last year, (26" Christensen CF if I remember right) and the 142 OTM is HOT in my rifle. chambers and shoots well, but heavy heavy bolt lift.
I basically just bought it for the brass, but I plan to do some measurements to see where the discrepancies are. Maybe that's why it's acting funny.

necroing this bitch. Got 400 rounds since brass is nonexistent right now. I'll update tomorrow with how it shoots in my rifle but so far looks great for the price.