• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Primer Prices on the rise....again?

Rookie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2004
D/FW
Went to Cabelas this weekend and primers were $59/1000. Maybe its those 10.8 million new gun owners from 2011 getting into reloading?

Re: Primer Prices on the rise....again?

Do you think 50k is enough?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rookie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went to Cabelas this weekend and primers were $59/1000. Maybe its those 10.8 million new gun owners from 2011 getting into reloading?</div></div> Cabela's is also one of the highest prices place to go too. I am always astonished at the prices in that shop. They are not doing anyone a favor I can tell you that much.

Try Powder Valley, Widener's, Graf and Sons, etc. Buy primers and powder in quantity and you will still come out saving money even after the Haz Mat and shipping charges. Then load and shoot to your hearts content. Enjoy!

You haven't noticed prices on everything going up in price regularly within the last few years?

Hey Mav,

Apparently you dont buy primers frequently enough to know that prices came way down from their previous highs during 2011.

This week Cabelas wanted $59/1000 for large rifle primers.

I bought federal 210Ms yesterday at cabelas for 40.00$ per thousand.

Seriously? The dude at the counter told me $59. Not that $40 is a great price but still.

CCI 200/400 were $30/1000 at the Allen, TX Cabelas store a couple months back.

Bass Pro 5 minutes from my house is $47/1000 for the same primers.

Another vote for Powder Valley . Get a couple of guys together and split hazmat and shipping charges is the way to go .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rookie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously? The dude at the counter told me $59. Not that $40 is a great price but still. </div></div>

Yup. Bought at Ft worth store.

My local Sportsmans warehouse still has them for the same price as two years ago, 31.99/1K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rookie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This week Cabelas wanted $59/1000 for large rifle primers. </div></div>

$59/1000 for large rifle BR2 primers

$38/1000 for large rifle primers

They are still high, but get it right.

the price doesn't piss me off as much as the low quality , but most people dont have the resources to determine that. So not only is it expenisve , but it is shit. Expensive shit.

Bought a couple cases of new manufacture 210 Federals for $25/1000 at a gun show the other weekend.

Should have cleaned him out in hind site.

Man, back in 2009-2010, they were $65/1000 IF you could them! I scoured three states looking for them to no avail.

Cabelas is pretty high priced. Check out powdervalleyinc.com, grafs or something like that.

Sinclair has the Federal 210 large rifle primers in sale for 27.95/1000. They recently had the match primers on sale for 34. Around xmas they had them on sale with another 10% off coupon going. I stocked up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rookie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Mav,

Apparently you dont buy primers frequently enough to know that prices came way down from their previous highs during 2011. </div></div>

You're correct.

I stay stocked up well enough in advance. Then again I don't buy at the big box stores either unless I absolutely have to. I order in bulk online (By bulk I mean at least 10K or more of primers at a time or a combo with bulk kegs of powder) and my savings even with hazmat far supercedes the recent price quote at Cabelas.

Then again I use mostly Wolf for my primer needs. I have some Fed, Win and CCI around but wolf works consistently, accurately, with low ES and SD's.

I thought it was bad when they went from $19/K to $25/k at the peak prices.

I see most Wolf options are below $24/K and some below $20 now at powder valley. Purchase in bulk with hazmat still beats cabelas prices you quoted. Even on the Big Name primers you listed PVI is significantly less.