• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Priming Tool

Re: Priming Tool

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJ Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Either get that one or the Lee - all in the middle are junk. </div></div>

You would rather have the Lee than Rcbs. I think the Rcbs with the universal shell holder is pretty slick. The Lee takes only Lee shell holders.

+ 1 for the Lee. It works great. For $15 get one and try it, you will need the shell holders either way.

I have the RCBS one as it came with a kit, I dont use it anymore.

Just curious as to WHY the sinclair one receives the praise?

DOnt get me wrong i love the sinclair tools i really do, just dont understand why the single feed primer gets all the praise.

1) isnt it a pain in the ass loading a primer one at a time?
2) is there any danger in constantly picking up primers?
3) chance that oils on fingers damage primers?

OH and does the sinclair priming tool reduce the amount of wedged/missaligned primers getting seated?

I have a Lee and it's a POS, as with pretty much all Lee stuff, all crap. It would flip primers on the side all the time. Personally, I do not see what the big deal with the Sinclair is. You have to handle each and every primer individually. There isn't too much magic in seating a primer. I just don't see the sense of paying more money for something that is going to slow you down.

I was using a lee for many years before switching to a Sinclair.

With the Sinclair you can easily feel when a primer is fully seated versus the mushy feeling on the lee.

I have used both the lee and the rcbs universal primer. They are pretty close, but i actually liked the rcbs universal primer a bit better. I ended up getting rid of it though because it was not truly universal. I could not load 5.7x28 shells with it. Loading 1 primer at a time seems like a pretty big pain to me. The lee works great for the money in my opinion plus the shell holders are cheap.

I had a lee and it worked alright till I broke the handle off.
so I bought the hornady one and its SO much better than the lee. I couldn't get the lee to seat the primers consistently in the primer pockets. The hornady is so much easier and smoother and works with any brand of shell holder even has different primer trays for shell holders that may have different sized holes in the center. so it sounds like anything is better than the lee. don't waste your money on the lee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">heh sinclair it is! thanks guys. </div></div>

What press are you now using Volder?

Does that press have a priming arm incorporated on it?

Why spend the money on a nice Sinclair when you're not uniforming your primer pockets?

You talk about a "precision" fit, but if you're not going to uniform your pockets, it's not going to matter too much, just get the primer up and into the pockets as quickly as you can.

Put the money into other tools that you might need and there will be a lot of tools: headspace gages, calipers, campher/deburring, bullet comparators, et al.

Chris