• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Princeton Tec Remix

gathert

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2011
Tigertown, USA.
I don't know what you guys use for your head lamps (or if you even use them) but I just picked up the Princton Tec Remix from Dicks Sporting Goods since I had a gift card from Christmas. I normally would have overlooked such an item but since I had some money to burn I figured why not, I can always use a decent headlamp.

To my surprise it is actually a very nice headlamp for $50. It has low/high red and low/high white led lights. The low red is perfect for close up at night and is just the right amount of dim. Bump it up to high red and it really throws some light. Low white puts out some nice light and makes walking around through the woods at night easy. For High White I tested it out and its more light than I almost need at 100 lumens. Trees 50 yards away at night were easily distinguishable as were small details. I'm sure it would be blinding to anyone it was pointed at.

The Remix runs off 3 AAA batteries and has a long runtime. There is also a Remix Pro version that runs on one CR123 and is blacked out for military use. Overall I would give the light a 5 out of 5 since I can't find anything to complain about. It takes 2 hands adjust the light up/down the 120 degree range but that just means it won't ever move on its own. It also has a big on/off button as well which is easy to use with thick gloves. I'm pretty sure its decently impact resistant as well, but I don't have any cliffs near me I can try it out on. I have had one other Princeton Tec light from 10 years ago that has never failed me and I don't see any reason this one ever will.

http://www.princetontec.com/?q=remix

BKWGR.jpg

Here is the Pro version mounted up.
Princeton-Tec-Remix-Pro.jpg

url]

Re: Princeton Tec Remix

Ill secound the review as I just picked up the same light after having a Byte for a while. These lights have good run times are light (Ha Ha) and well made.

Re: Princeton Tec Remix

I have the Princeton Tec EOS.

It's on its second headstrap and second set of battery springs.

Great customer service and parts availibility have kept it going strong and as good as new over the years.