• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Private Message issues?

Bacarrat

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Anyone getting PM issues? Seems that I had 3 PMs sent to me on Saturday and wasn't notified by email or the blinking icon didn't show until today. Was this fixed with the maintenance last night?

Re: Private Message issues?

I have a ticket in with the server company ?

It almost looks like a MySQL issue not calling correctly ?

Hopefully last night's maintenance fixed it ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My PM's are showing on the sight but not being picked up by my computer's email notifcation</div></div>

That is a separate issue being looked at the email notifications went down around the 27th.

All fixed now. Got my first email notification of a new PM incoming.

Thanks Frank!

Not a huge issue, but I thought I would just pass along what might be a small PM issue while using Safari on a Mac.

I have checked this on 3 different browsers on a Mac, and it seems that in Safari 5.0.1, I do not get a notice of a private msg on the site (the blinking red icon next to "My Stuff" at the top). I have cleaned caches, restarted, logged in and out of the Forum, all the normal things and still no notice in Safari.

No problems in Chrome and in Firefox.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a huge issue, but I thought I would just pass along what might be a small PM issue while using Safari on a Mac.

I have checked this on 3 different browsers on a Mac, and it seems that in Safari 5.0.1, I do not get a notice of a private msg on the site (the blinking red icon next to "My Stuff" at the top). I have cleaned caches, restarted, logged in and out of the Forum, all the normal things and still no notice in Safari.

No problems in Chrome and in Firefox.</div></div>

Interesting as I have a Mac and Safari and don't have this issue. Safari isn't my main browser for my Mac but after I read this I had someone send me a PM and no problem there. Do you have the latest version of Safari?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting as I have a Mac and Safari and don't have this issue. Safari isn't my main browser for my Mac but after I read this I had someone send me a PM and no problem there. Do you have the latest version of Safari? </div></div>

yep - latest version Safari 5.0.1, it came out about a week ago. Like I said, no issues with Chrome and Firefox, but neither of those are my "normal" browser. I tried user the Develop menu and having Safari present itself as other browsers, but still no go.

If you want to take this out of the thread and to PM, just let me know if I can help test anything.

If no one else has said anything, or having any issues - it must be on my side somewhere

bill