• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Probably a stupid question. Glock guys please.

sable

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2010
Texas
Can I run a barrel and magazine made for a glock 27 in my glock 26 and have no problems or are they not backwards compatible?

Re: Probably a stupid question. Glock guys please.

G27 is a .40 and G26 is a 9mm. They are different models, not a succession. G17 or G19 mags will work in your G26.

AG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: asbestosglove</div><div class="ubbcode-body">G27 is a .40 and G26 is a 9mm. They are different models, not a succession. G17 or G19 mags will work in your G26.

AG </div></div>
confused.gif
I understand they are two different models.

There is not a conversion for 9mm to .40 in a G26 frame and slide?

No you cannot convert your 9mm to a .40. you can go the other way (.40 to 9mm) but I would not suggest that, either.

Thanks. Zip this one up and throw it away please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thanks. Zip this one up and throw it away please. </div></div>

Lets correct the errors first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No you cannot convert your 9mm to a .40. you can go the other way (.40 to 9mm) but I would not suggest that, either.

</div></div>

No, you cannot convert a 40 to 9mm via BBL/Mag only change. Generally speaking, only 40 & 357Sig are convertible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Renegade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rtgfi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thanks. Zip this one up and throw it away please. </div></div>

Lets correct the errors first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No you cannot convert your 9mm to a .40. you can go the other way (.40 to 9mm) but I would not suggest that, either.

</div></div>

No, you cannot convert a 40 to 9mm via BBL/Mag only change. Generally speaking, only 40 & 357Sig are convertible. </div></div>

That's not true. You can, and many people do, convert 40S&W Glocks to shoot 9mm. It's just .5mm on any point around the cartridge. I wouldn't use it for a defensive weapon because of this, but I have never personally experienced a malfunction. Great for less expensive practice. You cannot use the standard barrel though, you have to use a conversion barrel. The hold in the slide for the barrel is slightly larger on the 40, so the conversion barrel is also larger to reflect this. The frame between the 17/22, 19/23, 26/27 are interchangeable, so mags are as well. It's inadvisable to use 40 mags with 9mm, though I hear it works sometimes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Renegade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

No, you cannot convert a 40 to 9mm via BBL/Mag only change. Generally speaking, only 40 & 357Sig are convertible. </div></div>

Sorry Renegade, you're wrong. Downzero is correct here.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1003&CAT=241

I would say it would require a change of recoil spring as well since as I believe the .40 cal slide to be heavier than the 9mm but I could be wrong there.

Now, with that said, just because you <span style="font-style: italic">can</span>, doesn't mean you <span style="font-style: italic">should</span>

So to the OP, no you can't convert 26 to .40 because the breech face for the 9mm isn't big enough to accomodate the .40. But you can take a 27 and convert it to 9mm. Again, I wouldn't do it. Just stick with what you have.

Using non-Glock parts or parts that do not properly fit is outside the scope of my statement. I am sure there are a lot of calibers you could convert to in that case.

I watched a guy do it at a class I was in (a 23 converted to a 19) and his gun choked left and right (lone wolf bbl, 23 mags). It was sad to watch.

OTOH, hearing LAV go into just how bad of an idea it was, was pretty funny.

To properly "convert" from .40 to 9mm, you should change the extractor and ejector, as well as the magazine and use a conversion barrel.

Thus why I'd discourage it--nobody does it properly.

Just buy another gun. Or better yet, sell the .40 and get a 9mm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To properly "convert" from .40 to 9mm, you should change the extractor and ejector, as well as the magazine and use a conversion barrel.

Thus why I'd discourage it--nobody does it properly.

Just buy another gun. Or better yet, sell the .40 and get a 9mm. </div></div>

I think it requires a different recoil spring as well. IIRC, Glock controls slide velocity by slide weight rather than varying recoil spring strength like most other companies. So yet another reason for the OP to just get another gun.

Glock recoil springs are identical between 9mm and .40 models, at least until the 4th gen Glock came out.

you can convert from 9 to 40 as long as the parts are glock and from the same generation. I do it all the time but i stay away from lonewolff barrels, they don't stabilize the rainier bullets which i use exclusively( personnal problem right there)
hope this helps.

i understand converting from 9mm to .40 but the other way around is pointless unless you shoot competition. but even stll just buying another glock in the caliber you want makes much more sense.

g27 bbl won't work in your g26 and there is no conversion barrel to go this route.

however
if you had a g27 you could buy a 9mm conversion barrel.

also note the frames (lower half) and internals are the same on the g27 and g26 with exception to the trigger housing unit which has a different ejector.

with that said...

you could take a g27 upper and put it on your g26 lower AFTER you changed the trigger housing to a 40/357 unit.
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=200

one more thing. I have not had problems doing the above as long as you use a 9mm mag and of course a 40 to 9mm conversion barrel.

I think im going to just buy a G27. Train with the G26 for cheap, carry the G27 for fire-powa.