• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors problem trying to find someone to build a silencer

customgun1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2011
arkansas
i have a ruger 10/22 takedown that i am wanting to have a integrelly suppressed barrel put on anyone know of a good quality suppressor builder that can do this? any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Re: problem trying to find someone to build a silencer

There are three options,

1: have an integral built,
2: Thread the barrel and use a muzzle mount can.
3: Have the barrel cut, threaded, and a thread mount can perm attached to create a barrel that is 16" legal, packable and suppressed.

I suppose a fourth option also would be to have someone do a custom Tac sol style shrouded cut and threaded barrel so you could add a muzzle can, retain packable and 16.1" legal configuration, and yet be able to move the can to other platforms.

I think Option 2 makes the most sense. A cosmetically attractive Integral build would be tough to do with a non bull barrel (which the packable 10/22 is not).

So, I'm going to head off in different direction on this one.

The new breakdown disallows you to use the "premade" 10/22 "kits" listed above. Its a whole different mounting arrangement.

Secondly, I'm with Griff on his #2 for this important reason. One of the very best reasons for going the true integral route has nothing to with either subsonic gas tap or suppression, it has to do with placing the barrel under compression for excellent accuracy. Accuracy on a true integral with compression is superb. You cannot do this with the break down unit, for three reasons not worth getting into here, you just cannot get it done. So....let it go and wait until you can dedicate the whole rifle to the full spectrum of what an integral can do. In that case, your real choices are"

- Thread on blast can (firing subs), Griff's #2
- "Dedicated" blast can (firing subs)

So why not go with the "dedicated" concept (weld a can on a short barrel to "dedicate" it to the barrel)? Because you will ruin the accuracy (too short), waste the swapability (blast can) and miss out on compression. Lastly, I have yet to see a single true world class integral be competitive when it can fit inside a stock Ruger Bull Barrel stock, its diameter is too small.

Go with Griff on this one....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: d00d</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AWC will sell you one already built;
http://www.awcsystech.com/ultraiis.html </div></div>

This gun is not a take-down. I think there would be a market for integral suppressed barrels for the takedown. It would not even need to use the existing barrel. It could be an either-or thing. A company could sell just the barrel and front stock ready to snap in. That way it could be larger than .920 because the front stock could be custom fitted to the barrel. I would like to see this!

The Thompson Machine TD integral that they brought to the SAL shoot was pretty awesome.

any one know the name of someone or their phone numbefr for this progect.thanks rick

DArk Horse/ John's Guns in TX should be able to hook you up.
www.johnsguns.us/qdsup.htm

You might also want to look at Tactical Solutions SBX barrels. They are a 11.25" aluminum sleeved barrel with a 5" shroud that a .22 can will slide into. Overall length with the can attached is 16.5" and you can put the can on a pistol too.

As mentioned by a couple of folks above we have been building a suppressed version of the Ruger Taked Down for 4 months now. None of the std 10/22 bbls will interchange as the TD uses a differnt barrel.

You can watch a video of the gun being fired on youtube. Feel free to drop Brooks a line if you are interested in having us suppress your gun or would like to purchase one already suppressed. Thanks Richard

you tube vid of the Thompson Machine Suppressed Ruger Take Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgLm7rSg5JA