• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Problem w/ magazine in KGR Bravo

docohm

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2019
Just got a B14R this week and mounted it in a KGR Bravo. It's working well except for the magazine, it's not all the way up. It will feed the first 3 to 5 rounds just fine and then I must push on the bottom of the mag to get it to feed those last few. It moves up just a tiny bit when I push on the mag. The KRG manual says you can adjust that but it doesn't say how!

Take out the rear action screw and loosen the top screw holding on the rear half and adjust from there.

Take out the rear action screw and loosen the top screw holding on the rear half and adjust from there.
OK, I did that, picture shows it loose. That doesn't make the magazine go a tiny bit higher in the mag well which is what I need it to do.
Of course, I tightened it back up too, doesn't move the mag up. Am I missing something?
IMG_0902.jpeg

Loosening the rear half is how you adjust for magazine fit and ensure it is seating properly. If you did that and it still isn’t working then it’s likely a tolerance issue or a problem with the magazine.

edit: take the barreled action out of the chassis and there’s a button head cap that should loosen the trigger guard for you to adjust magazine fit.
It’s been a long time since I had a bravo apart and forgot there’s that screw in there.

Last edited:
Pull your barrelled action off and loosen the screw that you see in the picture in front of the trigger guard. May have to push it back some, insert your mag, and work it in and out a few times.With the screw loose put finger up in mag well and push to rear then tighten the screw. Otherwise you have to loosen all of the 8 i believe for end screws and push it forward. Hope that works for you!
MeQ2wHC.jpg

Pull your barrelled action off and loosen the screw that you see in the picture in front of the trigger guard. May have to push it back some, insert your mag, and work it in and out a few times.With the screw loose put finger up in mag well and push to rear then tighten the screw. Otherwise you have to loosen all of the 8 i believe for end screws and push it forward. Hope that works for you!
MeQ2wHC.jpg
Thanks! I will try that tomorrow!

Reactions: Hunting2019
Bit of an older thread, did the solutions above work for you @docohm ?

I just noticed something slightly similar with a KRG/RimX build. When ever I cycle the bolt it pushes the magazine just enough down that it wont pick up a round on the next pass.

ETA. Ignore me. Forgot RimX mags are adjustable. fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: aku
What happened to my reply? I guess I didn't 'post' it. I tried the screw things but they didn't help a bit. I tried tape on the mags, that helped a little. I finally bought the longer mag release lever and ground it down to the exact length required and THAT fixed it! It's perfectly tight now. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but it should be just fine.

Reactions: chrome
What happened to my reply? I guess I didn't 'post' it. I tried the screw things but they didn't help a bit. I tried tape on the mags, that helped a little. I finally bought the longer mag release lever and ground it down to the exact length required and THAT fixed it! It's perfectly tight now. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but it should be just fine.

How many magazines did you try?

All 5 of mine cycle perfectly in my b14R in a bravo.

Just got my new one set up and shot it a lot yesterday. The mag dropping in the slot was very annoying after the first few rounds and spring tension lowered. Ended up tying some paracord around it and under the scope to get through the day! Otherwise, rifle behaved like a dream. I'm not taking nationals or anything, but it's fun and I'll be able to compete locally. Looks like I'll need to break it down and investigate this latch adjustment or potentially buy the extended? Has anyone had any other experience?

Just got my new one set up and shot it a lot yesterday. The mag dropping in the slot was very annoying after the first few rounds and spring tension lowered. Ended up tying some paracord around it and under the scope to get through the day! Otherwise, rifle behaved like a dream. I'm not taking nationals or anything, but it's fun and I'll be able to compete locally. Looks like I'll need to break it down and investigate this latch adjustment or potentially buy the extended? Has anyone had any other experience?
I am having the same issue in a woox stock. It has a hawkins M5 bottom metal. I talked to hawkins today, they are aware of the bergara b14r issue with the mag not being high enough. They are inworks of making an extended mag catch. Hopefully its real long and we can file to optimal height.

Having a feeding problem with my b14r in a krg xray. After trying the trigger guard front/back adjustments in combinations with the forend adjustments, what is happening is if the mag is lowered in the front about 1mm, the nose of the bullet contacts the breechface before the rim clears the notch in the rear of the mag to allow the cartridge to pop up.
I ordered another mag to see if that one will do the same. Is this similar to what others are seeing?

Having a feeding problem with my b14r in a krg xray. After trying the trigger guard front/back adjustments in combinations with the forend adjustments, what is happening is if the mag is lowered in the front about 1mm, the nose of the bullet contacts the breechface before the rim clears the notch in the rear of the mag to allow the cartridge to pop up.
I ordered another mag to see if that one will do the same. Is this similar to what others are seeing?
Im sending my woox back. It has slop at the attach points.
I also just got my b14r in a krg xray chassis, mine is doing the same thing. If you go on krg website, for $25 you can purchase an extended mag catch. It is .080" longer, u can file it down to fit. Mine has the same drop in front. If u push the back up about .015" it is good. Im real confident this will correct the problem. Mine should be here any time. I will let u know when I get mine.

I had the same problem. I bought the taller mag latch and that was a waste of money. The taller latch COMPENSATED for the mag droop issue; it didn't fix it. Since my mag now sits higher, it created other feeding issues associated with that. Before someone comes in and says "why didn't you file it down?", well I did file it down. The difference in length between the filed down latch and the factory latch was about .010".

I reinstalled the factory latch as I was having better luck with it. I then followed some of the advice on this forum. The one advice that really FIXED the mag droop issue was to loosen the screw BEHIND the magazine well (shown in post #5). Loosening this screw allows you to push the triggerguard slightly toward the direction of the muzzle. This slight forward movement creates extra tension in the magazine well which results in a firmer seated magazine.

My B14R has been feeding flawlessly after this mod.

Reactions: P&Y
I had the same problem. I bought the taller mag latch and that was a waste of money. The taller latch COMPENSATED for the mag droop issue; it didn't fix it. Since my mag now sits higher, it created other feeding issues associated with that. Before someone comes in and says "why didn't you file it down?", well I did file it down. The difference in length between the filed down latch and the factory latch was about .010".

I reinstalled the factory latch as I was having better luck with it. I then followed some of the advice on this forum. The one advice that really FIXED the mag droop issue was to loosen the screw BEHIND the magazine well (shown in post #5). Loosening this screw allows you to push the triggerguard slightly toward the direction of the muzzle. This slight forward movement creates extra tension in the magazine well which results in a firmer seated magazine.

My B14R has been feeding flawlessly after this mod.
Awesome, you may have just saved me $25 then. Thank you, great advice.

MeQ2wHC.jpg

@Massoud please consider addressing this simple magazine fix on the Bravo’s website page or the included instructions.

I agree that the extended mag latch probably won’t solve this issue-at least in my situation. When my mag is latched, i push up/pull down on the rear of mag and feel zero play against the receiver. I did adjust the trigger guard forward and it did help. It’s just annoying that the front of the mag can drop down just a hair and cause the feed issue-even with everything adjusted to have the mag tight in the well. I may try to machine the mag to allow it to sit deeper into the receiver-that would then require the new mag latch.

I agree that the extended mag latch probably won’t solve this issue-at least in my situation. When my mag is latched, i push up/pull down on the rear of mag and feel zero play against the receiver. I did adjust the trigger guard forward and it did help. It’s just annoying that the front of the mag can drop down just a hair and cause the feed issue-even with everything adjusted to have the mag tight in the well. I may try to machine the mag to allow it to sit deeper into the receiver-that would then require the new mag latch.
I do have up and down play in the rear, so it msy help me more.

I have a B14R barreled action that was originally mounted in an MDT Oryx and was dealing with this same feeding issue. I ordered KRG Xray for it instead which is the stock I really wanted anyways and in the meantime have place the barreled action in my Bravo. I have a tried all the above and can get it to work but lose drop free movement of the mag. I'm hoping tolerance wise the Xray will fair better but having reservations of going this route all together.

I have a B14R barreled action that was originally mounted in an MDT Oryx and was dealing with this same feeding issue. I ordered KRG Xray for it instead which is the stock I really wanted anyways and in the meantime have place the barreled action in my Bravo. I have a tried all the above and can get it to work but lose drop free movement of the mag. I'm hoping tolerance wise the Xray will fair better but having reservations of going this route all together.
Yes, I can get it to hold but lose drop free as well. I believe my up and down play will be corrected by the longer mag catch.

Yes, I can get it to hold but lose drop free as well. I believe my up and down play will be corrected by the longer mag catch
Now that I have played with the configuration a bit with the Bravo using aluminum and PVC tape to shim and know the geometry changes needed. I do believe that I will eventually be able to tune the mags using plastic epoxy but it's going to take some time and patience.

I purchased a longer mag catch for my b14r barreled action in a krg xray. It is about 0.100" longer. I filed, installed, removed, filed, removed, filed installed until it finally caugh and holds it all the way up. Been good so far.