• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Problem With Crux Suppressor

TheHiggsField

TRG@CRC
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2012
Denver Colorado
....Rather I am having an issue with an original Templar Tactical Archangel 30 cal. can. I bought the can way back on the SH group buy and recently just bought I new rifle I wish to attach it to (via the muzzle brake). I just received a 5/8x24 muzzle brake to attach it to the rifle, but the brake will not recess far enough into the can to allow the threads to engage. I figured that they may have had a redesign of the brake since I purchased form them as Templar Tactical but I have not found any indication of this in my research. I have contacted their customer service via email. Initial replies where quick but now I have not heard from them since Saturday; seems like I might have stumped them. So I am wondering if any of you out there has had this problem, and if so, found a way to fix it.

Pictures with a tape or ruler so i can compare to what i have. I thought the 30 cal muzzle brakes are longer as is the recess in the can than the 556 cans. This normally lets you put larger caliber suppressor on smaller caliber gun but not the other way. (You probably know all that). Sounds like you might have got one built wrong. I know they get busy. And my one dealing with their CS was great and painless. In general i find you catch more flies with honey. At least at first.

Anyway post pics and i will compare to mine.

Compare it to the other one, the original brake you all ready have. They may have sent you the 338 brake or larger, which will be the same to shoulder to threads(Ports may be longer on bigger cals). First I would Compare that one to your original one bullet exit hole size to make sure it's for the .308. Stand them side by side, see if threads start and end at same spot. Check to see if ports line up and are same height. See if overall length is same.I have the same can it shipped with one brake, extras I had to order. So I'm thinking you have Two total. I would say they just sent you the wrong caliber, not the 308. The Crux Archangel goes all thhe way upto .408 now, But the suppressor is the same size as TTF Archangel. Take measurements and just compre the Two, They will take care of you. Mistakes happen, give them a call. I suspect the .338 - .408 brake has the same threads, only that the brake ports are bigger/ longer which would lengthen the port area and cause the problem you are having. Remember you can screw the 5.56 brake in to the .308 can.

Last edited:
I have a .30 Archangel from the same original group buy
Its currently at TT having a conversion done to their PWS (new mounting system)
Shoot them an email about the conversion
Turn around is about 2 months

AL