• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Problem with new AICS 2.0

lostangel

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2010
El Campo, TX
www.inamorato.net
I know it has been mentioned before, but I can't find anything recent.

I got my AICS 2.0 in yesterday. Barreled action is a Rem 700 SS 5r in 308. The trigger has been upgraded to a Jewell.

Here is the problem. Took a bit to get the barreled action installed. got it in and everything seems to work properly. Mag seats and rounds feed flawlessly.

However, when you hit the button to release the bolt for cleaning, etc it sticks. I have to use the edge of a fingernail to pull the button back out so the bolt can be cycled normally.

I know this can easily be fixed with a dremel. Probably with some sandpaper. It doesn't stick much, just a little.

My question is this. Can I leave it that way? Or will it damage the trigger/action? I really want to get out and shoot it today. Can I fix it after? Or does it need to be fixed at all?

Thanks

Patrick

Re: Problem with new AICS 2.0

I would get it inletted first before firing it to much. I think your putting more tension on the trigger than you think. I usually have to remove a fair amount off the one side just to get the barreled action to go in stress free.

Thanks

I have spoken to my local gunsmith and I will drop it off to him on my lunch break. Not going to shoot it if there is a chance of damaging anything.

Local guy is not familiar with AICS at all. Is there anything he should be careful of?

Patrick

Thanks for the help.

I dropped the rifle off today. Probably won't be ready until Tuesday :'( Oh well, just have to go shoot my AR this afternoon.

Patrick

Pics from an old write up I did. This is where the binding occurs in these triggers and teh AICS

compare.jpg

url]

url]

url]

Lots of good info got lost when the server changed a few years ago. The seretaed trigger is a factory 700 trigger. The pics will show yo hw they both sit diffrently.

Come to thin of it a few AI write ups I did are gone.

Hope this helps.

Basically you want to get him to do something like this...
004.jpg

Now personally, after I thought about this a bit more.. I wouldn't cut the material out from the bottom.. but from the top.. that way you can leave the bottom opening as small as possible with the aim of keeping dust/dirt out of your trigger..

RJ

You want it done right you need a mill. The pic shows what needs to be removed to clear the safety without rotating the barrled action to "make" the trigger fit.

Trigger3.jpg