• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Problems with shooter app

GONE BAD

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2013
Portland
Okay, I down loaded Shooter on my phone a few months ago and I keep getting an error notice and tells me to login to amozon. This is almost always when I don't have cell service. I was under the impression that once it was down loaded it would run without cell service and you could load your own data? Can anybody tell me where I'm going wrong? Thanks

Under settings, make sure auto atmosphere is disabled. Also, make sure that the program has access to location services.

Not sure if either of those will help but that's what I would do in your shoes.

Posted via Tapatalk HD for iPad

That is extremely weird. I would reinstall the program and see if that helps. It should work as stated. Download once and use it independent of cell service and should NEVER redirect you anywhere.

Thanks guys. I'll try the suggestions and see what happens. Its very frustrating but on the bright side I'm doing better with my dope cards. Still, I wish I could get this app to work 100% of the time.

ive been seeing some weird shit with shoote lately. on my iphone 4s i had what the op describes where i couldnt get into the program and it wouldnt accept my apple id. i ended up dumping it out and reloading it. fixed it

now on my 5s i have noted that the atmosphere updates for temp amd density alt are way off an not even usable. i dont know if there is something weird with where its pulling data from but it sure as hell isnt anywhere around where i am located.

So I uninstalled it and then reloaded it. It looks to have a different format now. I'll go up to the mountains tomorrow and see how it works. Oh, by the way, it did say updated. So we'll see. Thanks everyone for the help.

I haven't had that problem, but have had strange numbers lately. I just moved from Iphone to droid. I used to run Ballistics AE which is not offered on android phones. My numbers on shooter the other day were 2 MOA low at 1000 and 6 MOA off on wind... I went and got wifi on the old iphone and checked Ballistics AE and it was dead on.

Have you looked at Nikon Spot On or iStrelok?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Okay, went shooting this morning and after doing what was suggested, as far as reloading the app, all is well. Thanks for the help. It worked as I was able to add my own environmental conditions, via lack of cell service. Oh, by the way, I did very well shooting too.

Why don't you just put it in airplane mode and save yourself the trip?

I'm glad you mention that. I was told to do that as I was having a hard time making it through a match without running my batteries down because the phone was constantly searching for a tower. Thats what I do now. Anyway, now it works fine since I unloaded it and reloaded it. Plus I got updates added to the program.

you bought it on amazon, over google app store... i run in to the same issue.. best way to "work around" is make sure u have appstore installed

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000626391&ref_=mas_dl_appstore_rr

then if you plan on using shooter for the day/weekend, is to launch appstore and make sure you are logged in, then launch shooter... this "should" keep you logged in for at least a month..

I hope I don't have to do this every month! Now that you said this makes me wonder if what I did will only last a month? It is very annoying! Anybody know another way around this?
I probably need to e-mail the author.

I hope I don't have to do this every month! Now that you said this makes me wonder if what I did will only last a month? It is very annoying! Anybody know another way around this?
I probably need to e-mail the author.

nothing to do with the shooter app, its all because of amazon... it would do the same thing for any paid app you bought from them on your phone...

when u buy from the google store, its tied to your account thats on your phone, no need to for it to go online and check..

amazon, needs to check, and for it to do that, you need to be logged in, if the "login cookie" expired, it wants you to re-login.. your F'ed if you don't have data.

thats why i just launch both apps BEFORE i plan i going shooting, if i know ill be with out cell coverage..

only "fix" for it, is to re-buy it from the google store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kndy.shooterfull

:(

Thanks Ring. Now I have a much better understanding of how this works. Really appreciate it. Thanks again.