• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Procedure for making changes to sbr on form 1

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
I recently was approved and built my 300 blackout sbr and saw a folding stock that I would like to add. My question is what do I need to do to amend my form 1? Or do i need to re submit my form 1 and pay another tax stamp if I want to make any changes? Thanks for the help

Re: Procedure for making changes to sbr on form 1

I'm not able to answer your question but I am curious how long your wait time was to get the approval to build an SBR. I'm currently getting an NFA trust and expect to have everything back from the attorney by week ending 2.8 and intend to build a 5.56 SBR.

My wait for my form 1 and form 4 were just shy of 6 months. I would assume it changes slightly by location.

Might check out the Suppressor subforum here. Tons of knowledgeable guys there.

gladiator8us - There's a Form4 tracking thread there too. ~6 months is what you're looking at...

You won't have to resubmit another form.

If you want to make a perm change to it, I think you just need to write them 2 letters with the serial # and current config and new config.

Call up the ATF and ask.

As long as you can return the firearm to the configuration described on the form 1 then you dont have to do anything. You can have as many uppers or stocks as you like as long as you keep the original upper and stock.

I think m1garand30064 is right. The dimensions on the Form 1 are barrel length and overall length. I always use a 7.5" barrel with 20" oal so I can use any configuration I want above that on my SBR's.