• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Producing Ammo with Low SD's

you said that fill ration is important. Litz test and he get exceptional ES/SD with half empty cartridges.

and I said that low ES/SD is not expanding your group at short range.

that's all. what you don't understand?

you said that fill ration is important. Litz test and he get exceptional ES/SD with half empty cartridges.

and I said that low ES/SD is not expanding your group at short range.

that's all. what you don't understand?

You're stopping short of what Litz actually said. He only said that it appears to not be universally the reason for lower or higher SD. However, he didn't test it extensively to know if it might be a driving factor for certain burn rates of powder.

So, you can't dismiss other poster's possible experience with fill ratio *solely* based on Litz's findings. A poster might very well be experiencing some fill ratio correlation in their chosen powder based on burn rate.

And Litz's literature would actually back up that possibility.

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 12.06.11 AM.png

Reactions: CK1.0
You're stopping short of what Litz actually said. He only said that it appears to not be universally the reason for lower or higher SD. However, he didn't test it extensively to know if it might be a driving factor for certain burn rates of powder.

So, you can't dismiss other poster's possible experience with fill ratio *solely* based on Litz's findings. A poster might very well be experiencing some fill ratio correlation in their chosen powder based on burn rate.

And Litz's literature would actually back up that possibility.

View attachment 8365939
Other Ballisticians have stated as much in published works such as Jeff Siewert in "Ammunition Demystified" and I believe George Frost in "Ammunition Making An Insiders Story".

Other Ballisticians have stated as much...
could you clarify the 'as much'?

are you saying they support >90% fill % or arguing the other side?
sorry i'm stupid and too lazy to google the answer...:ROFLMAO:

personally I think higher fill makes common sense...
but am open to legit disucussions

Consistency. Once you have your load, trying to make every cartridge the same as the previous one. Others have mentioned the details of neck tension, powder density, and components quality. This is all true. How important each aspect is to you is entirely up to you and your goals.