• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

'Professional' Athletes and Social Justice

MTB doc

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 30, 2019
First off, give me a fucking break. They have had DECADES to "use their platform" to try to enact influence to save black lives. My training in emergency medicine was in Los Angeles in the late 90's. At a level 1 trauma center in the 90's, you were going to deal with a huge amount of gang violence on a daily basis for years. Execution style killings were a popular method for gang initiation at that time. This is not gang on gang killings. This is indiscriminately walking up to someone, usually in line for food, etc, and shooting point blank to the head then running to the getaway car (hoopty). There were also many, many innocent people, kids, etc, killed by stray gunfire. I'm not sure if @powdahound76 was working in that same type of setting at the time, but it would be interesting to his experience as well.

From purely a mathematical standpoint, the number of black lives lost in this country yearly due to police shootings versus black lives lost due to gang violence and non-gang violence in the black community is such a small number it barely even worth mentioning. Not to say it is not important, but rather, it is such an incredibly small percentage compared to the whole.

So where were/are the 'professional' athletes to use their influence to help save the vast majority black lives? I'll tell you where, they are fucking NOWHERE. They won't say a fucking word, take a public stance, or protest against the overwhelming number of INDISCRIMINATE killings in the black community. The ONLY reason they are doing it now is because the finger is pointing at the police. FUCK THEM.

Oh and P.S. to the athletes, the vast majority of people don't give a fuck if you cancel your games or your season in protest. Most people would gladly welcome it.

Entertainers who refuse to entertain and think it will shock us so bad that we'll crawl back and be glad to pay more for tickets because the arena is only allowed 30% capacity because of China virus. Go woke - Go broke.