• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Projects .243 imp & 300 WSM Scope upgrading

Hee Haw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2010
Montana
Been working on a couple of projects for some time. Im not in a hurry and I'm pretty happy by the way they have turned out. Thought I would have made a change or two with the option I went with on one of my stocks.

I'm am looking to up grade the scopes witch is a Mark 4 4.5-14x50mm LR/T M1 Illuminated Tactical Milling Reticle that is on the .234 imp. and a Zeiss Diavari 3-12x56T that is on the .300WSM.

I am looking for something with a little more power for both rifles. I have been looking at the Nightforce scopes pretty hard until I talked with a friend who is sponsored by Schmidt and Bender witch is what he shoot in competition. He told me that he would rather have his Swarovski z6i back on his rifle, because of its clarity. He also said it pick up a bit more light in low light conditions.

I know that there are people out there that are buyest when talking about these brands. I would like to know a few pro and cons from people who have and use them.

I will be using both of these rifles for work hunting wolves and coyotes daily so they will see alot of use and a little abuse.

Re: Projects .243 imp & 300 WSM Scope upgrading

If use and abuse is the name of the game, I would keep thinking Nightforce. They also have multiple reticle options and crisp, audible turret adjustments. Will make a nice hunting scope. The glass may not be exactly on par with S&B, but it ain't bad either.

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I would have a problem with the warranty with any of the company's. But do you think that Nightforce is built that much tougher than the others.

NF is built much tougher the military wouldn't use them if they weren't. US Optics would be another company I would trust for durability in adverse conditions as well as S&B.

I cannot say the same for Swaro. If you read around, Swaro's even without a bump etc, don't have a good track record for repeatability of dope - backlash in adjustments. Fantastic glass isn't everything.

there is nothing wrong with a Zeiss Diavari 3-12x56T. That's excellent glass and pretty good power to shoot wolves and coyotes! Nightforce makes very good scopes. You can often find a good deal on one in the for sale section here. USO is a stellar option and is custom made to your specs. I would also suggest that you might want to take a look through a Premier Reticle 5-25x56 Gen 2 XLR. The glass is amazing as is the reticle.

Your right the Zeiss Diavari 3-12x56T is a great scope i hate to get rid of it but i would like to have something with adjustable turrets and a little more power. Ill check the Premier Reticle out thanks.