• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proof Barrel Markings

rijndael

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 20, 2004
    I've seen some Proof prefits engraved/marked around the barrel and some along the barrel. Is one old and one new?

Are some action threads not properly timed, so they engrave those around the barrel?

May depend on the exact model. I use a fair amount of Origin and Ruckus prefits. They all index at the 6 o'clock. Seem to recall the last few Q Fix prefits were circumferential marked at the muzzle, but they dont have much real estate to do otherwise.

9025C6A9-EFD2-413A-88AC-A3EF8E103D89.jpeg

Just got a new Prefit barrel for an Origin. Proof has obviously moved to the untimed markings around the barrel that look like shit now. I don’t know why they would think this was a good thing. Looks terrrible. G’damnit. It’s a small inconsequential thing but I’ll go back to having blanks chambered than buy another like this.

Attachments

• 6F901DA3-7023-4968-B191-A9FE3F57B1A0.jpeg
      6F901DA3-7023-4968-B191-A9FE3F57B1A0.jpeg
      367.9 KB · Views: 66
    ^^^ that does look like ass

I have an older 6.5CM and a newer 7 SAUM TL3 pre fit both are at the same spot a little high but close enough for me.

A2EA62BF-00CF-44D4-94E7-A16688C8A652.jpeg

I have an older 6.5CM and a newer 7 SAUM TL3 pre fit both are at the same spot a little high but close enough for me.

On my Tenacity & Ruckus, mine end up too low, below the water line of my ACC chassis.

Overall, I prefer the circumferential markings.