• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Proof Elevation

gearguywb

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2018
    I did use the search function.....:)

Any idea why the Elevation models offer a 1" guarantee (for what any guarantee like that is worth...), compared to the other models 1/2"?

It would see like a Bighorn action, proof barrel, in a pretty decent stock should shoot as well as any of the others.

Thoughts?

The Elevation rifles are button rifled (all other rifles are cut rifled). The button process is less time consuming (reduces cost), with slightly less accuracy compared to the cut rifled barrels.

Reactions: gearguywb
    I actually was interested in a 6.5 CM Elevation MTR they make and asked that same question in a private message on instagram. The main reason is that the Elevation line is a more production line rifle. They are basically producing more and it does not fall into a full custom build. Proof does not do any button rifling. You can reach out and ask them but I am pretty sure that there barrels and all rifles are single point cut. My whole reason for even looking into the rifle was due to the fact that I was already looking at doing a build off an Origin action with a carbon barrel. Still looking into purchasing. Would like to actually get my hands on one though and check it out in person.

The Elevation rifles are button rifled (all other rifles are cut rifled). The button process is less time consuming (reduces cost), with slightly less accuracy compared to the cut rifled barrels.

1. All of their barrels are cut rifled.

2. Button barrels are just as accurate as cut rifled barrels.

I actually was interested in a 6.5 CM Elevation MTR they make and asked that same question in a private message on instagram. The main reason is that the Elevation line is a more production line rifle. They are basically producing more and it does not fall into a full custom build. Proof does not do any button rifling. You can reach out and ask them but I am pretty sure that there barrels and all rifles are single point cut. My whole reason for even looking into the rifle was due to the fact that I was already looking at doing a build off an Origin action with a carbon barrel. Still looking into purchasing. Would like to actually get my hands on one though and check it out in person.

I've had a chance to shoot one - only at the range and only once but it was a nice rifle. The one I shot was a 6.5 CM and it shot really well with the factory ammo I was using - this was a friends who is happy with it having used it now for about a year. I had asked them if they would be coming out with a 7MM-08 which they do now list but I've never found one. So I ended up building basically a "faux" Elevation rifle using one of their stocks. I really like the stock, ended up using a Defiance Rebel action and a Bartlein CF barrel. Turned out nice enough I will be doing another one;)

I've had a chance to shoot one - only at the range and only once but it was a nice rifle. The one I shot was a 6.5 CM and it shot really well with the factory ammo I was using - this was a friends who is happy with it having used it now for about a year. I had asked them if they would be coming out with a 7MM-08 which they do now list but I've never found one. So I ended up building basically a "faux" Elevation rifle using one of their stocks. I really like the stock, ended up using a Defiance Rebel action and a Bartlein CF barrel. Turned out nice enough I will be doing another one;)

That is good to hear! You are getting a lot of rifle for the price on the Elevation MTR. That is probably a pretty cool build. What made you choose the bartlein versus pairing it with proof carbon?

That is good to hear! You are getting a lot of rifle for the price on the Elevation MTR. That is probably a pretty cool build. What made you choose the bartlein versus pairing it with proof carbon?

I've always had great luck with Bartlein barrels so when they came out with the new CF wrapped barrels figured I would try one. The timing was just right also, I was just in the process of collecting the parts when they announced them, and ended up finding just the right barrel in stock so that made it really easy. So far its been crazy accurate, betting the next well be the same:)

What is the manufacturing difference between cut and button?