• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proof Elevation

Dusojr

Private
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2020
I’m contemplating a Proof Elevation. Has anyone put there hands on one. How do you like it? How’s the accuracy? I’ve searched and can’t find much about them. I want a lightweight hunting rifle. Any help on this rifle would be appreciated

It uses the Zermatt origin action with a proof barrel, in a quality stock, put together by Proof. Pretty much all goodness.

Tag firearms has some combos in stock.

Yeah I read the specs. Just curious if the ergonomics are like a Rem 700 style.

Looks good.

I would want to build my own for the same $ or a little less.

For my own specs.
Better stock.
Hawkins Hunter DBM.
My choice of trigger.

Or do that with a 3b prefit from PVA and save a little more.
And have wider variety of cartridge options.
Like the 280 or ‘06.

Although that looks very nice, take a look at Seekins.
The Element long action weighs in at 6lbs and the PH1 long action weighs 7.2lbs. They are a tremendous rifle for the money.

Reactions: Dusojr
Yeah.

I had one of those stocks I sold last year…..
Nearly kept it for that.
Just so many dang stocks sitting around…. 🤣

Looks good man!

Reactions: reubenski
I have a Defiance anti-x with a proof barrel and a proof stock put together for me by GAP, I also have a Seekins Element.

They are both really nice, but ultimately, the proof stock has too long of a grip for me (I wear medium gloves), and I have concluded that as much as I like classic lookin rifles, the vertical grip is just a superior design for the kinds of hunting and shooting I do. Consequently, I much prefer the Seekins stock.

I'm waiting for the stock Manners is announcing at SHOT this year, then I'm gonna swap out the proof stock for it.

Attachments

• 20221029_131334.jpg
    20221029_131334.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 103
I dont have that model but I have their elevation mtr in 6.5 PRC. It's been an awesome rifle. I swapped it out with Hawkins hunter dbm. I think it is really solid price rifle for the components your getting. Zermatt has their interchangeable bolt faces and proof is making replacement barrels.

I got one for my brother as a getting out of the marine corps gift. It’s an awesome rifle. First group out of it was in the .3’s @ 100yds with the first factory ammo we tried. It will consistently shoot .5 moa or less. Overall it’s a comfortable rifle and shoots great, for the price I think it’s a good deal vs custom especially if you can find the caliber you want in stock somewhere. Hope that helps man.

I got one for my brother as a getting out of the marine corps gift. It’s an awesome rifle. First group out of it was in the .3’s @ 100yds with the first factory ammo we tried. It will consistently shoot .5 moa or less. Overall it’s a comfortable rifle and shoots great, for the price I think it’s a good deal vs custom especially if you can find the caliber you want in stock somewhere. Hope that helps man.
It does. Thanks

Reactions: MlimA
Yeah I'm not sure you could actually build one yourself with all the same components for any cheaper than what they want for the entire gun.
That was about the conclusion I came to and why I chose to get him that rifle vs building a custom on the same action.

Reactions: reubenski
Yeah I read the specs. Just curious if the ergonomics are like a Rem 700 style.
First off yes I had a chance to shoot one at the range about a years ago. It was a 6.5CM and only had that day to mess around with it but liked it enough I was ready to buy one especially when Proof announced that they would be building a 7MM-08. Well I waited and waited and they never did make any that I'm aware of so had 2 "faux" Elevations built. Their stock is pretty traditional in overall feel I suppose but is extremely lightweight which I liked. Its become one of my favorite stocks for a light hunting rifle.

Here are the "Twins". Other than the stock color they are both the same and now also have the same NF NXS Compact scope.

Reactions: Buck300
First off yes I had a chance to shoot one at the range about a years ago. It was a 6.5CM and only had that day to mess around with it but liked it enough I was ready to buy one especially when Proof announced that they would be building a 7MM-08. Well I waited and waited and they never did make any that I'm aware of so had 2 "faux" Elevations built. Their stock is pretty traditional in overall feel I suppose but is extremely lightweight which I liked. Its become one of my favorite stocks for a light hunting rifle.

Here are the "Twins". Other than the stock color they are both the same and now also have the same NF NXS Compact scope.

What stock did you use?