• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Proof Pre-Fit Impact and Surgeon

jhunter

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2013
NW FL
Has any one else had their Proof Prefit time up a little funky. I took an Impact Prefit and threaded on my OK built Surgron 591. This is a 6mm Creedmoor. The logo ended up about about 1/4 turn out of time. So I used a 6.5 Creedmoor go gauge and the bolt closed, with the no go gauge the bolt would not close. Can someone confirm this was measured correctly?
6E92B995-E7B6-4491-9945-2CA044F376BB.jpeg

Last edited:
If the go and no go gauge checked out it should be ok. May be a difference in the thread timing but the depths are the same.

i wouldnt be concerned about engraving timing if all is a go with the headscape gauges

I have purchased a few, and its hit and miss on the thread timing on the logo. However, the gauges are the real concern. If they pass, you should be good to go. That being said, the prefit proofs I have received have been great shooters.

Reactions: RTH1800