• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Proof Prefit 6 Dasher Headspace

IPoutdoors

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2020
I cant find any specs for this barrel chambering. does anyone know the headspace for this barrel in 6 dasher?

Can’t help you on the headspace but I just screwed one on a TL3 this week. Just for FYI, lands were at CBTO of 1.777 with a 105 hybrid if that helps with anything.

Can’t help you on the headspace but I just screwed one on a TL3 this week. Just for FYI, lands were at CBTO of 1.777 with a 105 hybrid if that helps with anything.

thanks!

According to the dimensions a go gauge should protrude from the chamber between .133 and .134. I assume this is a barrel nut type prefit, not shouldered. A go gauge should typically not protrude any further than the highest point on the bolt, in some bolts it may be the extractor or bolt nose,to the bolt face plus .010inches for clearance between the bolt and breech face. For comparison a Remington 700 pattern breech allows the gauge/case to protrude between. 154 and .155 and I would consider that to be the maximum allowance before the webbing is exposed and allows undue stretching or even splitting at the base.

I just found this thread and am looking at trying a proof dasher pre fit for an impact. Is the proof chambering a “lapua” Dashed or a “Norma” dasher?

I just found this thread and am looking at trying a proof dasher pre fit for an impact. Is the proof chambering a “lapua” Dashed or a “Norma” dasher?
The proof chamber is a Lapua type. It's compatible with Alpha Brass and standard dies. And of course it works with fire formed BR.

Reactions: raidergrad

I just installed my second barrel and it appears that the lands have moved further back. My first one was similar to yours and the second one is about 1.808” BTO with the 105 hybrids. Hmmm..... anyone else notice this?

I just installed my second barrel and it appears that the lands have moved further back. My first one was similar to yours and the second one is about 1.808” BTO with the 105 hybrids. Hmmm..... anyone else notice this?

curious what proof would say, more so because of headspace being potentially that much different and possibly having to scrap brass from one barrel to the next. How did your first barrel do? I’m only at ~600 rounds on mine but seems to be humming along.

curious what proof would say, more so because of headspace being potentially that much different and possibly having to scrap brass from one barrel to the next. How did your first barrel do? I’m only at ~600 rounds on mine but seems to be humming along.

probably just longer freebore or leade. the first barrel was excellent. so does the 2nd one. did some load development today and smallest group was sub 1/4" just like the first one. amazing barrel for the price.