• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PROOF Research Vs LRI barrels

DTF370

Smartest D Student
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2014
Oklahoma
I will soon rebarrel my 338 Lapua RPR. The two more notable options that I’ve found was Proof Carbon and LRI. They’re both in the same price range. I have never purchased a new barrel myself therefore I thought I might ask the opinions of you who have done this. Do you have any suggestions regarding these two, or any other magnum RPR Barrels?
Thank you in advance!

Any particular reason for wanting a carbon Proof?

Reactions: mkelly
Any particular reason for wanting a carbon Proof?
The only attractive thing would be to save some weight, but that’s really not a big deal. It’s already a heavy setup so the extra poundage of the LRI isn’t a huge deal. Those two barrels just seemed to be more available as a prefit for my rifle is all.

Reactions: jcmullis2
The only rifle I’d want a carbon for would be a hunting rig. Something that I’d carry and only shoot one or two rounds with. The LRi would be my choice between those two.

Reactions: 1moaoff and DTF370
Make sure you are comparing a prefit to a prefit completely done.

The only reason I bring this up is I have seen people repeatedly not factor in complete cost. Also lead times.

I will soon rebarrel my 338 Lapua RPR. The two more notable options that I’ve found was Proof Carbon and LRI. They’re both in the same price range. I have never purchased a new barrel myself therefore I thought I might ask the opinions of you who have done this. Do you have any suggestions regarding these two, or any other magnum RPR Barrels?
Thank you in advance!
Check Expert Voice if you’re a vet. Proof had a great promo last time I checked, but they sold out before I could dole out the mulah.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee