• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proof SS AR15 Barrel?

S3th

Indecisive
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2018
Greensboro NC
Are Proof SS AR barrels worth the premium over BA? I haven’t been able to find many reviews on them so I’m hoping experienced users would chime in. Thanks!

Do you typically prefer premium cut rifled barrels to low cost button rifled barrels?

Do you typically prefer premium cut rifled barrels to low cost button rifled barrels?

It would actually be their button barrel which has now been discontinued. $300.

I’m also thinking Criterion. Not sure if theirs are cut or button. Not really considered either way.

It would actually be their button barrel which has now been discontinued. $300.

I’m also thinking Criterion. Not sure if theirs are cut or button. Not really considered either way.

The SS barrels from Proof are not button-cut barrels! they are single point cut and are actually the exact same blanks they use to make their carbon fiber wrap barrels.

Reactions: S3th
The SS barrels from Proof are not button-cut barrels! they are single point cut and are actually the exact same blanks they use to make their carbon fiber wrap barrels.

As I mentioned, they are now discontinued as Proof no longer makes button rifle barrels.

Your link says both cut and button rifles.

Mike used to use buttoned barrels at ABS but that was a long time ago.

Reactions: diverdon