• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proper DPMS AR308 Rifle Length Gas Tube?

Volarus

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2023
Stateside
EDIT: I was wrong. I contacted my barrel manufacturer (JP). They confirmed that the .308 DPMS Supermatch barrels use standard AR15 length gas tubes.

Can someone please point me in the direction of a Rifle Length Gas Tube for a DPMS AR308?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but an AR15 Rifle length is shorter than the DPMS pattern AR308 Rifle length (and Armalite AR10 Rifle length is longer still).

As I understand it, a DPMS Rifle length gas system should be 15 3/8" (15.375").

All of the gas tubes I'm seeing are saying they are AR15/AR10/AR308 compatible. I'd like to just get one that is compatible for the rifle I'm building. I'm not planning to swap gas tubes between rifles.

My Google skills have failed me - if someone could please direct me to a 15 3/8" DPMS AR308 Rifle Length gas tube, preferably in a black finish of some kind - I would be greatly appreciative.

Last edited:
I think the gas tube lenght is a function of your barrel. Generally a longer barrel takes a "rifle" length gas tube but some like a Proof 6.5 AR barrel take a rifle+2 tube - you should check the specs for your barrel manufacturer and/or ping a question off the folks at Brownells...

I think the gas tube lenght is a function of your barrel. Generally a longer barrel takes a "rifle" length gas tube but some like a Proof 6.5 AR barrel take a rifle+2 tube - you should check the specs for your barrel manufacturer and/or ping a question off the folks at Brownells...
Thanks, I contacted JP - they told me it was standard AR15 gas tube length. I was incorrect.

Reactions: MediumSpeed