• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Proper way to shoot with a Bipod?

elmerdeer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2008
Canada, quebec
What is the best way to shoot off a bipod for accuracy? Do you push forward on it to load it, or do you pull it back slightly? I have been told about both ways but dont know which is better.
Thanks
Elmer

Re: Proper way to shoot with a Bipod?

also if u can spare 10 $ a month the online training will show you the proper way along with a lot of other things that r very helpful!

Large recoil (50 BMG) = Pull
Small recoil (223/308)= Push and pull if you know what i mean.

~Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dreamweaver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Large recoil (50 BMG) = Pull
Small recoil (223/308)= Push and pull if you know what i mean.

~Mike </div></div>
How about if you have a 7mm Dakota with a muzzle break?
Let me see if I have this right push forward on the bipod whlie pulling the gun into you shoulder right?
Thx
Elmer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elmerdeer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the best way to shoot off a bipod for accuracy? Do you push forward on it to load it, or do you pull it back slightly? I have been told about both ways but dont know which is better.
Thanks
Elmer </div></div>

Straight behind the rifle and adjust at the hips to move rifle and shooter for the correct NPOA, pre-load the bipod with core weight and squeeze the trigger. If NPOA is correct, the rifle will recoil straight back and still be on target.

Olin, you are a saint
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldn't listen to any of that, large or small, its' wrong. </div></div>

Please enlighten me.

~Mike

Search!

Frank has a video all about bipod bounce, watch that, it's on here somewhere.

Don't ask me what is right, I haven't done the online training yet.

Don't be tight, it's the cost of a couple of coffees in Starbucks.

N

Oh,

And another thing.....

Where in Az? There are some really good guys in Az you can hook up with who shoot regularly.

Try;

scotmilk9
rem700man
sobrbiker
tucson dave

Depends where you live, but despite what my location says, I know some of these guys and they are top blokes. They will help you out. Maybe we will meet at a shoot in PHX sometime....

Neil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paduan Learner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh,

And another thing.....

Where in Az? There are some really good guys in Az you can hook up with who shoot regularly.

Depends where you live, but despite what my location says, I know some of these guys and they are top blokes. They will help you out. Maybe we will meet at a shoot in PHX sometime....

Neil </div></div>

East of the valley of PHX metro.

Sure...i shoot at Rio Salado most w/e's.

I'll search for the vid.

~Mike

So where do I sign up for the course guys? And what is in the course and how long does it last, or what is entailed?
Thanks
Ekmer