• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Protabkle Shooting Bench for kids

brianf

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2010
NY
morning guys, looking for a portable bench for kids

never used one before but since the kids love shooting the Vudoo so much i should probably get one

rather not build one

looked a bunch of pics online and it looks like most shooting benches have a very short table top

for the guys who use them can you use a bipod and rear bag

im not into using a shooting rest or sled

thanks

brian

I have a Caldwell Stable Table. I call it an unstable table. :( You can't use a rear bag very well. It's a rectangular table top and nowhere to put the rear bag.

I made my own with a few pieces of 3/4" plywood and some folding picnic table legs from the hardware store.

Attachments

• IMG_2351.jpg
    IMG_2351.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 48
I know you wanted premade but without spend major money on the Stukey bench everything else is kinda rickety.

Shooting bench plans

I am very happy with it.

I bought the leg brackets ready made on Ebay ~ $50 deliveered

Heavy, but very stable

I know you said bench however, I taught my boys to shoot off a Caldwell tripod. Very adjustable for each ones size and the transition to using it hunting was a plus. Works great in the blind too.

thanks for all the replies, keep them comming
looking at cheap tables and going to look at tripods as well
im shitty at shooting off tripods, hopefully they dont take after their dad

I made mine from these plans. I must have used scraps because my dimensions are slightly smaller.

I made a second one. I just screwed a piece of 2 by 12 to the bottom and fastened the legs to it. You could probably make one of these in 15 minutes. ;)