• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Proving out the Halo LR reticle

Killswitch Engage

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2008
ohio
So plenty of us have wanted to know if the reticle subtensions are legit and accurate to use for known dope holds on target. I decided to try it at 500yd with my 6.5cm gas gun. I warmed the center of my full size ipsc and shot 3 rds standing from my tripod. Wasn’t trying to do anything beyond see if the reticle matches the data. I heated at the water line of the steel. Held 2.2mil and I’d say the reticle is spot on as well as I am able to hold.

Attachments

• DE224CC5-C749-4C8A-8F14-5E45BDFFB262.jpeg
    DE224CC5-C749-4C8A-8F14-5E45BDFFB262.jpeg
    861.2 KB · Views: 79
It was heavy 12-14 full value wind as well. Thought I had enough but obviously not

What load are you using? I’m building a gas 6.5 currently for yotes and such

I've been under the impression it was very close as well.

I was just discussing putting two pieces of reflective tape 10.8" apart on cardboard at 100 yards to give a quantifiable metric to show

I've been under the impression it was very close as well.

I was just discussing putting two pieces of reflective tape 10.8" apart on cardboard at 100 yards to give a quantifiable metric to show
I’ve done that as well. It subtends correctly

Nice....

Looking at a Halo LR myself and have been curious about the reticle and sub tensions.

very nice. I wish it was FFP instead of SFP so i don't make a mistake and not think about the mag level

I half sleep so let's see how bad I screw this up

So on Halo LR If each line is
1 mil at 2x then it will be as follows:

2mil at 1x (native mag of 3.5x)
1 mil at 2x (7x)
.5 mil at 4x (14x)

For Halo 25mm
1 mil at 4x then it will be:

4 mil at 1x (native 1.75)
2 mil at 2x (3.5x)
1 mil at 4x (7x)

I should be getting my LR back from N-Vision any day now. I sent it in for the software update so I could use the new reticles. I told them to charge me for that rangefinder that people keep rumoring about but I didn’t get any takers in the sales department.

• Love
Reactions: car16smg
Man I hope so. A $1k add on rangefinder would be so worth it and send a ton of people over the fence from Trijicon.

Reactions: car16smg
Just some rumors floating around. I planned on badgering them at the NRA convention but the damn covids ruined it. I just threw it out there hoping the sales team would let it slip. No dice.
I was also promised an updated Radius type weapon mounted rangefinder in the near future but the World AIDS must have killed that dream too.