• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Chassis/Stock for 1.25"full bull

BrienM

Underfunded Overthinker
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2020
Can you all tell me some ideas of which tactical stocks or prs chassis systems would accept a full 1.25" no taper barrel without aftermarket machine work?
thanks
Brien

Reactions: XLR Industries
I've seen Foundations with a 1.25 straight. The Manners TCS can accommodate one as well.

Come to think of it, I think most Manners tactical stocks can be ordered with a 1.25 channel

Reactions: RMS6 and BrienM
McMillan Z1/Z10
XLR Envy Pro

Attachments

• 175569.jpeg
    175569.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 240
  • 20200714_182122.jpg
    20200714_182122.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 236
Thanks for the info guys... @b6graham , that is a lot of length to contend with.. haha.. have to step back a couple steps to get all that out of a barricade.. good looking stick though!!! thanks for sharing.. does the gun in pic on right have a sidewinder on full 1.25"?

Thanks for the info guys... @b6graham , that is a lot of length to contend with.. haha.. have to step back a couple steps to get all that out of a barricade.. good looking stick though!!! thanks for sharing.. does the gun in pic on right have a sidewinder on full 1.25"?
yes. they're both 1.25" straight

the XLR is a long action origin. 32" 30 Sherman Magnum with 338SR
the McMillan is a TL3 31" 6.5 creed with sidewinder

Reactions: rydah and BrienM
yes. they're both 1.25" straight

the XLR is a long action origin. 32" 30 Sherman Magnum with 338SR
the McMillan is a TL3 31" 6.5 creed with sidewinder
Wow, good thing you are young and seemingly strong. Me and my 68 y.o. bad back couldn't hold that 32" barreled chassis for long at all.

What's the total weight, if you know.

I'd get back into the gym but with a few stents in the ole' ticker I think I'm still going to wait a while.

Cheers

Wow, good thing you are young and seemingly strong. Me and my 68 y.o. bad back couldn't hold that 32" barreled chassis for long at all.

What's the total weight, if you know.

I'd get back into the gym but with a few stents in the ole' ticker I think I'm still going to wait a while.

Cheers
the XLR is 27 as shown (all XLR weights, razor gen 2, TBAC 338SR)
the McMillan is 23 (arcalok full weighted rail and 2 1/4" brass buttpad spacers)

both very reasonable

Reactions: Baron23
PDC Custom Gen 5 LE and Competition should fit a 1.250 straight, as well. I've been running the 5 Competition since last year and love mine enough to have a second on order.

Mine is at 20.4# with traditional fiberglass stock but weight stuck all over it. Chassis seems much easier to bolt on weight. 1.25"barrel looks like easy way to get weight. I am a little fella though.. not sure I can handle that much weight.. I'll have to start lifting.. haha.. Thanks again guys...!

Mine is at 20.4# with traditional fiberglass stock but weight stuck all over it. Chassis seems much easier to bolt on weight. 1.25"barrel looks like easy way to get weight. I am a little fella though.. not sure I can handle that much weight.. I'll have to start lifting.. haha.. Thanks again guys...!

PDC just launched their own custom weight kits, too.

That said, balance is more important than overall weight.

PDC just launched their own custom weight kits, too.

That said, balance is more important than overall weight.

Yea..I don't like my women looking like coat hangers either...but I like that weight balanced in fun places....oh wait...talking rifles...never mind.

I wonder if anyone has done a study or test on where the balance point is and what percent towards front/rear it should be.. I had too much weight in rear of my 308 for a short period of time and seemed to cause a lot of high shots off of single point rest (barricade) .. added weight to front and settled back down.

My test is...I rest my rifle on a flat 2x4 t the mag well on the ACC barricade stop...and if tries to go backward...need more front weight...if I hold it offhand and it feels like it wants to pull me to the ground...I add back weight....in the end...I like 21lbs...with an APA Lil'B

I wonder if anyone has done a study or test on where the balance point is and what percent towards front/rear it should be.. I had too much weight in rear of my 308 for a short period of time and seemed to cause a lot of high shots off of single point rest (barricade) .. added weight to front and settled back down.

I've found that having the center of gravity/balance roughly 2-3" in front of the chamber tends to be the sweet spot, especially for stocks and chassis that let you get a support bag directly under the chamber. That's assuming PRS/NRL type use where a lot of barricade shooting is going on.

Reactions: BrienM
few inches in front of magwell so with a bag on a barricade/prop it balances flat or very slightly towards the front

Mine balances pretty well where it sets on a game changer.
33100D97-65F3-475D-B77E-CD1158CF6A90.jpeg

I've found that having the center of gravity/balance roughly 2-3" in front of the chamber tends to be the sweet spot, especially for stocks and chassis that let you get a support bag directly under the chamber. That's assuming PRS/NRL type use where a lot of barricade shooting is going on.
Even for prone that works well.

Balance can defiantly be a personal preference depending on the shooting discipline, and what bags, or front support is being used. For NRL / PRS style shooting where positional balance is very important we like to have our rifles balance 4 1/2" - 5" in front of the magwell. This is because majority of the front support bags we use are on average 10" long. This gets the balance center of the bag. This also allows more flexibility for when you might have a bipod on the rifle, or not have it. Some stages you might want to have it on, because the next position might require it. Others you might not need it, and might be restricted by either COF requirements, or space limit.
When we see rifles with a balance closer to the magwell it can be common for the shooter to get high impacts/misses.
Balance.PNG

I'd like to have more length for sure with stock. When I leave bipod on, the bag is smashed into the magazine well so as to slow down the process of getting mag in for the CoF that requires open bolt mag out, install mag once position is built. @XLR Industries The rig in photo you attached looks quite beefy! I like the JV kit your website is selling. Seems like it would be a comfortable platform...!

I'd like to have more length for sure with stock. When I leave bipod on, the bag is smashed into the magazine well so as to slow down the process of getting mag in for the CoF that requires open bolt mag out, install mag once position is built. @XLR Industries The rig in photo you attached looks quite beefy! I like the JV kit your website is selling. Seems like it would be a comfortable platform...!
Give us a call any time with questions on it!

Balance can defiantly be a personal preference depending on the shooting discipline, and what bags, or front support is being used. For NRL / PRS style shooting where positional balance is very important we like to have our rifles balance 4 1/2" - 5" in front of the magwell. This is because majority of the front support bags we use are on average 10" long. This gets the balance center of the bag. This also allows more flexibility for when you might have a bipod on the rifle, or not have it. Some stages you might want to have it on, because the next position might require it. Others you might not need it, and might be restricted by either COF requirements, or space limit.
When we see rifles with a balance closer to the magwell it can be common for the shooter to get high impacts/misses. View attachment 7398433
That's a great point, and something I've been thinking about as I spec out what contour I want for my next barrel. A Pint Size GC is 7" long, Shmedium is 8" long, and OG GC is 10" long. I've been using an OG for the past couple years, but my balance point is only 3" in front of the magwell. I think that might eat some time up on stages where I'm trying to get the balance right on things like a barricade or cattle gate. Although to be honest I'd like to keep the adding of weight to a minimum haha, my rifle is heavy as it is!

That's a great point, and something I've been thinking about as I spec out what contour I want for my next barrel. A Pint Size GC is 7" long, Shmedium is 8" long, and OG GC is 10" long. I've been using an OG for the past couple years, but my balance point is only 3" in front of the magwell. I think that might eat some time up on stages where I'm trying to get the balance right on things like a barricade or cattle gate. Although to be honest I'd like to keep the adding of weight to a minimum haha, my rifle is heavy as it is!
Well depending on how your chassis/stock is designed getting the right balance point should not equate to making the rifle heavy. If the weight options are done correctly you should be able to add minimal weight while manipulating the balance. That is why we have buffer tube weights, and not only forend weights (internal/external) but also different nose extensions. Allowing you to add or take away weight in small increments, and either at the farthest point of the chassis. Or more towards the center of the chassis which will effect the change less.

Same. When I balanced mine right in front of magwell, sometimes bag won’t let it sit that far into bag and it’s rear heavy. A few inches in front puts the balance on center of bag.

Also to the OP, foundation stocks will accommodate a 1.25” straight.

Sure appreciate the assistance fellas!!! This is worse than fast food!! So many competitive choices out there!! Thanks so much to all the great vendors!!
Brien

Got my JV recently and I love it. She is a porker though, but she perches on baracades super steady. I recommend.

Reactions: XLR Industries