• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk PRS Gun Buggy/Cart/Stroller conversions.

PRS has certainly diverged a lot from its original intent...

I haven't shot a PRS match in a couple of years, but the more I see the direction it's heading, the less I want to go again.

Why does it matter? There are more people competing than ever, especially youth. In my 20 years of traveling around doing this stuff off and on, it has changed a ton. The days of .308's and UKD's seem like a lifetime ago (as well as full sized IPSC's). You still get to see friends, improve your shooting, and get to spend time with a lot of like minded people. Just asking.

Why does it matter? There are more people competing than ever, especially youth. In my 20 years of traveling around doing this stuff off and on, it has changed a ton. The days of .308's and UKD's seem like a lifetime ago (as well as full sized IPSC's). You still get to see friends, improve your shooting, and get to spend time with a lot of like minded people. Just asking.

It doesn't matter, truthfully.

There are plenty of people that are happy to shoot lots of PRS matches. I shot one again last year.

It was fun, but I don't see myself doing it more than once a year. For me it's feeling too contrived, and I personally prefer field matches where the terrain is the obstacle, not a prop.

To each their own. I certainly don't expect others to not shoot PRS on account of my own personal preferences. I can see why people like it, I've grown into different preferences as a shooter.

Reactions: superde
Its definitely changed some, but it doesnt bother me at all. I started back shooting again in January, after stepping away from it in 2017. Everyone kept telling me how much its changed since I had quit. As far as the shooting, it hasnt changed much at all. Yeah the targets are smaller, but even in 2013-2017 we were already shooting off barricades, tank traps, rocks, vehicles....etc. I dont miss the big target troop lines where everyone just laid down and shot. Those were my least favorite stages. I dont even shoot prone anymore unless its to zero. Now......the people and the atmosphere has definitely changed. I see guys pushing baby strollers that apparently think they can buy experience and skill via gear. Matches seem to be family events now with little kids and wives everywhere. Back when I was shooting I was one of the few that ever brought a girl along. Some of you may recall her as she usually had a shirt on that said "T's Brass Bitch". It also seems like match directors are in a way pressured to cater to the new shooters in that their COF cant be too difficult as to discourage a new guy from not wanting to shoot another match. Anyway.....If you wanna push a stroller piled full of shit, you go for it. If you're so fucking fat that you need to drive one of those rascal scooters from stage to stage, you roll on big guy. Im just there to shoot targets and have fun. What the rest of you fucking goons do matters not to me.

Last edited: