• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prvi .308 Ammo?

Re: Prvi .308 Ammo?

Mediocre at best. I have 400 rounds that I bought off a member here still sitting in the closet. Why? Because "match" apparently means something different in Eastern Europe.

I took calipers and a scale to individual rounds in a box. Sorting them out, lengths differed by up to .050 inch, weights varied by enough that I wonder about the consistency / precision of the manufacturing process.

Well, no I don't. I think anything I wonder about has been pretty well answered in the negative.

That being said, if you are willing to sort into small groups of same length/weight, you can establish nearly match level consistency within that individual grouping, but not across each of the little sorted groups.

Without doing that kind of work, this is 1.0 MOA type ammunition.

It's 1.5moa ammo with the occasional 1moa group. I shot it for positional and the brass was actually pretty good.

i HATE that ammo, shoot a great group like 3/4 moa with prvi then reload and you have 4 inch group at 100 WTF

Guess I've shot several hundred rounds of Prvi ammo the last few years. 22 Hornet, 6.5 Swede, 7.65 Argentine, 7.5 Swiss, 7mm mauser. Have a number of military rifles or rifles built on military barreled actions. Probably fired 600 plus of their bullets in my reloads. The Prvi ammo is inexpensive, as is their bullets and neither are match grade, which I didn't expect them to be. But the brass has been decent for reloading.

Sorry billwall86, never had your problem with my Prvi reloads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: billwall86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i HATE that ammo, shoot a great group like 3/4 moa with prvi then reload and you have 4 inch group at 100 WTF </div></div>

Actually this is pretty consistent with my experience, and its just what rounds you pull out of the boxes that went in your first set versus the second set.

If the second set has representatives from the extreme end of the loadings I experienced, while I am not sure about 4 MOA, I could certainly attest to having seen 2 or even slightly worse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess I've shot several hundred rounds of Prvi ammo the last few years. 22 Hornet, 6.5 Swede, 7.65 Argentine, 7.5 Swiss, 7mm mauser. Have a number of military rifles or rifles built on military barreled actions. Probably fired 600 plus of their bullets in my reloads. The Prvi ammo is inexpensive, as is their bullets and neither are match grade, which I didn't expect them to be. But the brass has been decent for reloading.

Sorry billwall86, never had your problem with my Prvi reloads. </div></div>

Yes, they are not match grade ammo. But brass is good for reloading and usually my reloads are much better (.6 - 1 moa). To me, their quality =< surplus, and even some m80 ball do better.

1.5 +/- moa is what they can do.

yes i exaggerated a little bit mainly because i shot some out of a buddies rifle and it was pretty good then i bought alot of it and shot it out of my rifle and it pissed me off compared to some other ammo that cost more but shoots great, i just have a bunch of ammo i don't like

The brass is just like Winchester brass for reloading. I bought a case of 308 for a school that I attended and it did just fine out of a Remington with a 1-12 twist rate with a 26in barrel. School requirement was that the rifle and ammo had to hold a 1 moa or less. The case was all the same lot numbers.

I have not shot their 168 gr but i have shot there 175 gr match and was very pleased, i got it from a friend for a good deal and still using the brass for my reloads lol.

I made the mistake of purchasing several hundred rounds of the 69gr "Match" Prvi...as others have stated, I am not terribly disappointed as it was decent enough plinking ammo, and it was fairly cheap. Not to mention, the brass has been great for reloading. What is funny about this, is I just shot my last three boxes of this shit a weekend ago and I just noticed all of the brass from those three boxes reads "Winchester." The other several hundred rounds of brass read "PPU."