• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA AK P

I was hunting them for awhile myself before I called it quits and got the KUSA KP9, which is awesome BTW. Palmetto is a great company but they can never maintain an inventory on any of their in house manufactured guns.

I was hunting them for awhile myself before I called it quits and got the KUSA KP9, which is awesome BTW. Palmetto is a great company but they can never maintain an inventory on any of their in house manufactured guns.
I was able to get two of the PSA AK V 9mm, but the AK P in 7.62x39 they never had. I feel like they make one or two for inventory and then they sell out in minutes. That's why I was over there lurking and they had some yesterday and they sold out. Then today I looked they had some more and then all gone.

I was able to get two of the PSA AK V 9mm, but the AK P in 7.62x39 they never had. I feel like they make one or two for inventory and then they sell out in minutes. That's why I was over there lurking and they had some yesterday and they sold out. Then today I looked they had some more and then all gone.

Exactly why I opted to just get the SAM7k-34. Unfortunately due to the cost of everything AK sky rocketing right now, PSA and Zastava seem to be the last affordable quality option left.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Ahhh, my mistake I was thinking of the AKV not P. Either way that's awesome that you were able to snag two of them, I have never had much luck with finding PSA products that I wanted in stock. Last go I had was when they dropped their 74s, I was on the website clicking check out within seconds of them being available only to get a "sorry out of stock" when I hit pay.

Ahhh, my mistake I was thinking of the AKV not P. Either way that's awesome that you were able to snag two of them, I have never had much luck with finding PSA products that I wanted in stock. Last go I had was when they dropped their 74s, I was on the website clicking check out within seconds of them being available only to get a "sorry out of stock" when I hit pay.
I can see that happening. I am lurking over there for the AK E now. I like the rail on top of the AK P and the AK V, I wish they had an AK E model with the rail. Oh well I still want one. I have a Rifle Dynamics 703 on order now for the last 4 months. When I ordered they delivery times were 4 months now I see on their site it out to 10 to 12 months. I wan to see how the PSA AK E goes up against the RD 703.

I think you'll be waiting a while for the AKE. I was waiting on one too and got the GF5 instead. The 5 is the same minus the chromed carrier, it has the FN barrel.

It looks to me like they had a couple gens and started doing the 100s after the AKE and if not discontinued, it definitely is on the back burner.

I think they update stock at 10 am eastern. Everything I've got from them has updated at a pacific the goes out of stock within minutes.

I think you'll be waiting a while for the AKE. I was waiting on one too and got the GF5 instead. The 5 is the same minus the chromed carrier, it has the FN barrel.

It looks to me like they had a couple gens and started doing the 100s after the AKE and if not discontinued, it definitely is on the back burner.

I think they update stock at 10 am eastern. Everything I've got from them has updated at a pacific the goes out of stock within minutes.
I had a 103 in my cart tonight and was checking out when boom it was gone. I ended up ordering a GF5.

I'm fairly happy with the gf5. The front sight requires a pretty good push to the left to zero the irons, but other than that, no problems. The stock is made for a 6 yr old Afghani kid though. It's about equal to your standard 6 position stock on the 2nd or 3rd shortest spot. I've got a longer one in the mail, so if you're waiting you might wanna just order something up now if you're not a midget.

I've got an rs regulate side rail with the 30mm rings and a PST 1-6 on it. The mag ring rubs a bit on the dust cover, and I honestly just gave it a few whacks with a hammer to take a little height off and it's all good. Probably lowered it by a mm or so. The PST has a fatter occular than most of the scopes guys use on these things though.

Like I said, a couple small issues, but nothing too bad. Function is great, with zero malfunctions, and accuracy once zeroed has been great with the FN barrel, obviously steel cased stuff.

As a side note, the brown bear 123s had an SD of 17 over 20 shots for me the other day.

I'm fairly happy with the gf5. The front sight requires a pretty good push to the left to zero the irons, but other than that, no problems. The stock is made for a 6 yr old Afghani kid though. It's about equal to your standard 6 position stock on the 2nd or 3rd shortest spot. I've got a longer one in the mail, so if you're waiting you might wanna just order something up now if you're not a midget.

I've got an rs regulate side rail with the 30mm rings and a PST 1-6 on it. The mag ring rubs a bit on the dust cover, and I honestly just gave it a few whacks with a hammer to take a little height off and it's all good. Probably lowered it by a mm or so. The PST has a fatter occular than most of the scopes guys use on these things though.

Like I said, a couple small issues, but nothing too bad. Function is great, with zero malfunctions, and accuracy once zeroed has been great with the FN barrel, obviously steel cased stuff.

As a side note, the brown bear 123s had an SD of 17 over 20 shots for me the other day.
I have a Rifle Dynamics buffer tube adapter for it and a SLR handguard for it. Was thinking about putting my SWFA SS 1-6 on it, but I have a PST 1-6 too that I could use. I’ll check the front site to make sure it’s not canted. Should be here in a day or two.

Throw some pics of when you get the SLR on. I've been thinking on which rail I'm going to add.

Here she is now, you can see how low those direct mount rings keep everything.

20210428_211944.jpg
20210428_212024.jpg

Here is a comparison of LOP with the various stocks I've got around. Top is factory PSA stock, bottom is carbine tube with magpul fully extended, and the seekins 10x, with both included spacers, is on it.

20210507_163848.jpg

Throw some pics of when you get the SLR on. I've been thinking on which rail I'm going to add.

Here she is now, you can see how low those direct mount rings keep everything.

View attachment 7618471View attachment 7618472

Here’s a pic with the SLR. I need to get it out and zero it. The side rail I got is to small for mounting a scope. I have a Texas Weapon Systems rail cover I might try on it. Also, after getting this I was able to score a PSA 103 and another AK P. I have stupid idea for the AK P. I got a new gas block and FN barrel and I’m going to make the second one a 14.5” rifle.
E520D7BE-430D-44CB-8F88-BAED87D0F02F.jpeg

It’s the 11.5”. Wish I got the 10.5” because I want to cut this down to 14.5”. I’ll put this on the 103 as I’m keeping that 16” and get a 10.5” for this one.

Exactly why I'm waiting for the 13" galil to come out.

Tried to move the SLR rail over to my PSA 103 and the bolt carrier is too large and won’t go into the UltiMac gas tube. I’m putting the JL Billet rail on the 103 now and keeping the SLR ion the GF5.

Last edited:
Its the rs regulate 303 with their 30mm rings. The occular/mag ring on the viper PST gen 2 is a little big and didn't clear the dust cover. I pounded the dust cover down a bit with a hammer. Works fine.

I think the other popular options for ak lpvos like the rt-6 and PA scopes have smaller occular ends so they should fit better.

I just ordered a Master Mount and I guess it's sitting in my PO Box now, has anyone here had experience with them?

James the owner seems to be a super nice guy.

I ordered a rear biased version for my PAPM92 to try them out.

Everything RS Regulate is OOS.

I got lucky and saw an in stock alert on the rs stuff on reddit. I guess rs also announces a few days in advance on their Instagram, but I don't have that shit so IDK.

You talked me into the SLR rail, here is mine with the 10.5. Think I'm done messing with this thing now. Maybe just add a VFG or AFG.
20210517_175935.jpg

I got lucky and saw an in stock alert on the rs stuff on reddit. I guess rs also announces a few days in advance on their Instagram, but I don't have that shit so IDK.

You talked me into the SLR rail, here is mine with the 10.5. Think I'm done messing with this thing now. Maybe just add a VFG or AFG. View attachment 7627635

It's tough on Reddit, I've missed out twice on the tiger M70 now.

Gotcha. I didn't realize they were a system. Looks like I can't buy just the upper half if I wanted.