• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA: Cell phone issue I never knew existed

Slash0311

Snafubar
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    Southwest Indiana
    Short version. I got my parents a new Samsung Galaxy A10e knowing it was mediocre. They're not tech-savvy but I figured it would be better than their 8 year old last phone. Come to find out, even though it has bluetooth, it will not connect to their 2020 vehicle. Samsung says "its not compatible."

After tons of diagnoses, these phones won't work and Samsung won't do anything about it. I even offered to pay the difference to upgrade. Samsung says they can't do anything... AND THAT I SHOULD HAVE ASKED ABOUT COMPATIBILITY. I didn't even know that was a possibility let alone knowing to ask.

Luckily, my carrier says I may still in a window to swap. I'll know tomorrow.

Maybe I'm that dumb on today's tech. Hopefully this may save someone the headache I got from three hours on the phone today trying to get this resolved for my parents.

Short version. I got my parents a new Samsung Galaxy A10e knowing it was mediocre. They're not tech-savvy but I figured it would be better than their 8 year old last phone. Come to find out, even though it has bluetooth, it will not connect to their 2020 vehicle. Samsung says "its not compatible."

After tons of diagnoses, these phones won't work and Samsung won't do anything about it. I even offered to pay the difference to upgrade. Samsung says they can't do anything... AND THAT I SHOULD HAVE ASKED ABOUT COMPATIBILITY. I didn't even know that was a possibility let alone knowing to ask.

Luckily, my carrier says I may still in a window to swap. I'll know tomorrow.

Maybe I'm that dumb on today's tech. Hopefully this may save someone the headache I got from three hours on the phone today trying to get this resolved for my parents.
    Wait until you buy a second vehicle that is ten years or more older than your first vehicle. Then, "upgrade" one of your garage door openers for new and try to make remotes/homelink/vehicle controls/everything play nice together......... :rolleyes:

Apple.

not sorry. They just work.

giphy (5).gif

Apple.

This is urban legend / myth

Don't take my word for it (as I am packing up an iphone to mail in for warranty repair tomorrow since my issues cannot be fixed in store) get on Google and search Iphone problems, iphone failures, iphone BT won't connect, iphone mobile data disconnects, iphone wifi will not connect

and the list goes on and on and on

my point NOTHING fucking works today because its all made like shit in china

This is urban legend / myth

get on Google and search Iphone problems...
    let’s think about that for a moment... that’s like saying “let’s ask Biden about problems with Trump...” Doh! No possibility G manipulates those search results... is there ?!?

I had Apple several years ago. Loved the phone but every time I tried to download updates on my home computer, it froze my phone and I had to take it in. Did that 3 times. Left Apple and never looked back

let’s think about that for a moment... that’s like saying “let’s ask Biden about problems with Trump...” Doh! No possibility G manipulates those search results... is there ?!?

LOL I can see where one might think that

"Google" is the modern universal term for "search engine" in today's world

use duckduckgo use bing, use howard forums and use their internal search

This is not search engine sorcery, this is iphones have real problems like everything else.... but you can continue to live in your iBubble and blame the search engine for rigging the results (but you get the same # of problems if you search google pixel problems)

Reactions: Ravenworks
    Buy the insurance. Run it over with the car it won't connect to. Repeat until they send you one that will.

Reactions: Slash0311
    Only if you are doing what apple wants you to do
    And there it is.

I had an extensive music collection where Apple's music program commandeered all my music and decided it was theirs.
    Never again.
    It took me weeks working at night after work re-ripping my CD's.

Apple.

One good thing about when your phone breaks, you can go old school and use the Pigeons to carry your message
    Just make sure you feed them

Last edited:
    And there it is.

I had an extensive music collection where Apple's music program commandeered all my music and decided it was theirs.
    Never again.
    It took me weeks working at night after work re-ripping my CD's.
    First started with iTunes; now it’s iCloud: Apple takes it all, for leverage at the very least. Have lost music, business intellectual property, irreplaceable photos.

Cloud storage is considered sacrosanct, except to Apple. I used to think they were just xenophobic elitists. But it is worse - they actually believe that they can accelerate human “(d)evilution“ (sic).

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ravenworks
    First iTunes, now it’s iCloud: Apple takes it all. Have lost music, business intellectual property. Cloud storage is considered sacrosanct except to Apple. I used to think we’re just xenophobic elitists. But it is worse - they actually believe that they can accelerate human “(d)evilution“ (sic).
    A lot of people consider this trade off acceptable because of the so called " free stuff" Apple and others are giving us in exchange for their products.

I had Apple several years ago. Loved the phone but every time I tried to download updates on my home computer, it froze my phone and I had to take it in. Did that 3 times. Left Apple and never looked back

I hate Google, but my old assed phone updates while I'm sleeping.

Reactions: Slash0311
    Fuck Phones, I can't wait until my life reaches a point that I don't need one anymore. Looking at about 10 years and that is depressing.