• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

PSA: SiCo Radius Weapon Mounted Range Finder Over 50% off!

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    I don't have any personal experience w/ this, but at this price, I may give it a go. Normally $950, this one can be had for $469.99 & Free shipping w/ code L9Q.

I don't have any personal experience w/ this, but at this price, I may give it a go. Normally $950, this one can be had for $469.99 & Free shipping w/ code L9Q.

Where??

Covert is as Covert does.

Plenty of good feedback on the scout site.

Sorry the link didn't show up in Tapatalk

Covert is as Covert does.

Plenty of good feedback on the scout site.

Extremely useful when shooting with night vision, you still have to know how far your shooting. Beam is centered to your crosshair. Lasers work much better at night. lased a house at over 2600 yards with mine. It's best to zero laser as near dark as possible or use night vision to see the visible red zeroing laser. If you zero at 100 or 200 you must laze at that setting then make adjustments.

Cool, but another pound to lug, and it doesn't lend itself well to balance issues.

Extremely useful when shooting with night vision, you still have to know how far your shooting. Beam is centered to your crosshair. Lasers work much better at night. lased a house at over 2600 yards with mine. It's best to zero laser as near dark as possible or use night vision to see the visible red zeroing laser. If you zero at 100 or 200 you must laze at that setting then make adjustments.

Or you can have a Spotter 60 with a PLRF 15 slaved to its reticle, PVS30 out in front :p

I have a AN/PVS-30 and that's 3 LBS what's another pound. Poor mans way of shooting at night. Prone or tripod. No free hand.

Still not worth it in my opinion. I had one and it was a pain in the ass to try and use plus the zero kept walking when you were shooting or even if you touched the unit. I sold mine and bought a Sig Kilo 2200. It's much easier and faster to use.

Still not worth it in my opinion. I had one and it was a pain in the ass to try and use plus the zero kept walking when you were shooting or even if you touched the unit. I sold mine and bought a Sig Kilo 2200. It's much easier and faster to use.

-
    You just using the scan mode and holding the IR on target at night with the Sig LRF ?

-
    You just using the scan mode and holding the IR on target at night with the Sig LRF ?

At night I'm using the Kilo on scan mode in conjunction with my PVS-14. I flip down the 14, hold the kilo up to my other eye, and lase the target by seeing the laser with my 14. Then I flip the 14 back up to take my shot. It's a little more of a process but I can nock it out pretty quick.

When using scan mod at night you see the laser pulse on target through NV. This way you can match the laser exactly to the crosshair.

At night I'm using the Kilo on scan mode in conjunction with my PVS-14. I flip down the 14, hold the kilo up to my other eye, and lase the target by seeing the laser with my 14. Then I flip the 14 back up to take my shot. It's a little more of a process but I can nock it out pretty quick.

I been debating on getting one of those Radius units .

I been doing that a little with my old Leica 1200 with scan also, it works pretty good . Most times I will just get a few ranges for distance reference, on tree lines or other object in fields in between calling, or when setting up for . I find for the majority of coyotes called-in there really little time for a Range on them and they keep on the move .
    . If you run a 720nm filter on your pvs14 you can even look right at the illuminated ret. aim box & the range numbers given inside of the unit . the filter tones it all brightnes down to nice usable with no bloom . If using a rifle on tripod you can use the IR illum.on the rifle aimed and held hands free on object, then put the LRF over the pvs14 and see object and read the ranging also .

Just bought one 30 minutes ago. Total with the L9Q discount code and free shipping was $469. Had to try it for that kind of cash.

Why is Brownells selling them so Cheap?

In my experience there are two reason for this. Either SilencerCo is dropping the Radius due to poor sales or there is a new version coming out. I have seen it a dozen times or more. One example Is the Vortex Razor 5x25 Gen I scope. About 6 months before the Gen II was announced I noticed retailers having the Gen I's on sale for about $600 off. SilencerCo is hurting right now. They spent a shit ton of money on the hopes of HPA passing fast. They pretty much bet the business on it and they are in scramble mode. At the end of February they laid off 1/2 their work force. Not sure if it was at the same time but in the last few months (maybe going back 1 year) they have let go or lost 3 of the engineers that had designed all their suppressors. Suppressor sales are in the toilet right now.
    So either the Radius is done, or Gen II is coming.

Well, I got mine mounted up to my AIAT last night and did a very basic alignment at 100yds.

I really, really like it and I suck at judging range by eye [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.ar15.com\/images\/smilies\/smiley_abused.gif"}[/IMG2]

I got a return on a silo that was 857yds away at about 8:10PM last night with no problems. I would have guessed it was over 1K yds away easily but when I checked it on Google Earth it showed that I would have been wrong LOL.

I wound up mounting it on the keyslot panel for now on the AT as I didn't want to change out my rings right now. I also like it on the right side actually. I placed the remote switch right where my trigger finger rests when not shooting and I can see the display without having to move my head at all.

Here she is in all of her 18lb 3oz of glory [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.ar15.com\/images\/smilies\/smiley_smartass.gif"}[/IMG2] The yellow cap is just to protect the crown when moving it around in the safe.

The only thing I am curious about is how tight I should make the clamp..did I miss that in the instructions?

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/dl.dropbox.com\/s\/skg6ljwsfohpqop\/2017-05-11%2018.21.51.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Get your spotter to mule it for you.

People bitch about extra weight of adding a Radius to there rifle night hunting . But that cats out to bag already when you have already added a, Bi-pod, suppressor, IR illumination unit . What is another Lb. going to matter ???

People bitch about extra weight of adding a Radius to there rifle night hunting . But that cats out to bag already when you have already added a, Bi-pod, suppressor, IR illumination unit . What is another Lb. going to matter ???

Different strokes for different folks. I'd rather stick it in a pocket or hang it on the #2 head on a tripod. Really, I'd rather not try to carry too much wherever you hang it, but needs must.

Well I picked one up, 'cause yea why not. Pocket or on the gun it still has to be humped. If there was a perfect set up there would be only one. With that It would appear I was/am correct. Looks like the radius is going the way of the dodo bird. If you download the PDF of the 2017 catalog it is in there, but as a product it has been removed from their web site.

Click on the 404 Not found. It will take you to the radius page that was there a month ago. I suspect Brownells is dumping them and moving on. Optics planet has lowered their price to $649. Some are unaware and still hanging to the $999 price.
    As I stated before Silencerco bet the farm on HPA and are in trouble.

I hope they don't go under totally. I have a couple of their cans and would like to have service options unless another company says they'll service them should the worst happen to SICo

Anyone have the word on why everyone is dumping them? They are the shit for night shooting.

Well, Silencer's aren't really moving all that well at the moment (until the HPA either passes or dies). My guess is SiCo needed some money and is getting rid of inventory in favor of cash now. Their new pistol seems to have some buzz behind it, might be using it to fund that project. I don't think there's a Gen 2 on the horizon and even if there is it won't come near the Gen 1 at $500.

Looks like Brownells has them back in stock now. Sorry to anyone's wallet but if I have to suffer, so do you all.