• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA to those buying Atlas (or any really) bipods at local "big box" stores...

jlficken

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2006
Aurora, NE
I was in Scheel's today looking at stuff and went over to the bipod section. I'm looking at adding another PSR or possibly CAL to the collection but wanted to look at one first.

Sadly they didn't have a CAL to look at, however, they had a V8, tall PSR, and a standard "PSR" in stock. I pulled the PSR off of the peg and immediately noticed that it didn't look right. The bag appeared to have been opened and I realized it was a fake. The hardware was all chromed rather than satin finished stainless, it didn't have a real ADM mount, no engraving, etc.

I left the bag as was (closed) and took it over to a couple of the gun area employees to tell them it was a fake. I said that "The bag has been opened and this one is a fake just any FYI.". One of the two employees said "Yeah we open the bags often to show people them or to use them on package gun displays." to which I simply said "Oh...well this one is still fake." . The same guy said "No it's not." so I said "Yes, it is..." and went on to say all of the reasons why it was a fake.

After I stated the reasons he took it out of the package, inspected it (including the piss poor example of the QD mount), and then admitted it was fake so they needed to let the manager know.

I'm glad that some poor sucker didn't buy it, find out it was fake, try to return it, and then get denied because someone that actually knew better said "nope" since it was a fake.

Just an FYI anyway to those looking to buy. Buy your Atlas from authorized sellers (or trusted members used here orelsewhere) if at all possible. If you go to buy from a store inspect the item if it looks like the packaging has been messed with.

Getting screwed on a $320 fake Atlas would piss me off. It could also lead some new shooter out there to badmouth Atlas because his fancy new bipod is crap when he didn't actually get what he paid for.

Someone most likely bought it, put their fake in and returned it. Hope they go through the trouble of charging the sack of shit that did it but I highly doubt it. I'm just east of you in Omaha and I have a genuine BT46 w/ ADM mount. If you're in the area you're welcome to borrow it to see if it's what you're after.

I hope they charge them too!

I appreciate the offer but I have 3 of the BT46's. I was hoping to see a CAL (BT65) to check it out first but I may just buy one online to do so.

It is between the BT65, TBAC, or another BT46. I think the wider BT65 or TBAC would be better on my AI AT due to its weight and the top heavy Gen II Razor.

I'm getting used to having to buy things sight unseen after all of these years LOL. I'm near Grand Island and we aren't exactly the mecca of long range shooting.

It's not so bad here. We at least have all four seasons and there weren't any riots in my little town.

Happily yesterday was my day to help my Dad with irrigation pipe as it was sucky out today :)

I'll probably order from Optics Planet as they have good prices and free returns so that's nice.

Reactions: Kae006
I'll probably order from Optics Planet as they have good prices and free returns so that's nice.
Just a head's up re Optics Planet. My last few orders from them were of items that were "in stock" and would allegedly ship within 5 days. Two items took 2 months, and the other took almost a month just to ship. Add a week to actually receive them. So, I wouldn't order one in anticipation of using it soon.

Just a head's up re Optics Planet. My last few orders from them were of items that were "in stock" and would allegedly ship within 5 days. Two items took 2 months, and the other took almost a month just to ship. Add a week to actually receive them. So, I wouldn't order one in anticipation of using it soon.

Yeah fast they aren't sometimes, however, I'm in no hurry either. Thanks for the heads up though!

I ordered 2 of the B&T spigot adapters from them for my KRG Bravo chassis after installing one on my TRG-22 and they are going to be awhile.

At least they don't charge until the item ships. It pissed me off when companies do that.

Good catch. Email Kasey @ B & T with info.

I'll tag him since you suggested it. I didn't want to bother him with it as I doubt there's much he can do about it.

I'm just glad nobody was able to buy it before I saw it. I checked the rest of them out that they had while I was at it and they were all legit so that's good.

@Kasey

I hope they charge them too!

I appreciate the offer but I have 3 of the BT46's. I was hoping to see a CAL (BT65) to check it out first but I may just buy one online to do so.

It is between the BT65, TBAC, or another BT46. I think the wider BT65 or TBAC would be better on my AI AT due to its weight and the top heavy Gen II Razor.

I'm getting used to having to buy things sight unseen after all of these years LOL. I'm near Grand Island and we aren't exactly the mecca of long range shooting.

I run the CAL on my AIAT topped with a NF ATACR. Perfect combination and very stable. Tough as nails and just shreds the ground under it if you push/pull the gun. No flex. Very very happy with mine.

If it helps I think you’ll be very happy as well.

I run hawk hill feet on mine

I purchased one of my two Atlas bipods directly from Accu-Shot. After first hand experience with Accu-Shot's customer service I will directly give them my business. Not that I had an issue with receiving service on the one purchased through a vendor, but I'd rather my business go directly to Accu-Shot. They are a top ranked company from my experience and I cannot speak highly enough of them.