• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes PSA where to find the "Lone Star" Precision riflescope bubble level indicator

BobV

Private
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2021
Glen Head, New York
I believe I made a note of this brand from watching one of the X Ring videos, but could not find it for sale anywhere. Walmart has it out of stock; apparently priced at $14.99. Going by the links from any of the review sites, you would think that it is no longer available on Amazon or even on ali express(whatever that is), and the YouTube video posted by Lonestar has a link to their website which is dead.

Wanted to share that I found it on amazon by doing a google search for Lone Star Precision, which took me to an Amazon store for Lone Star Precision LLC - that path takes you to an otherwise hidden listing on Amazon.

At $14.99 this low profile unit seems to be a worthwhile option to the vortex priced at $34.

BTW I already have a scope bubble level from Talley that replaces the upper half of a scope ring, but it only works on their one-piece base/ring L-shaped mounts (I'm using a 20 MOA Picatinny rail with separate rings instead; Rem 700 pattern).

Does anyone else make a bubble level built into the ring half like that?

Literally about 50 different versions of this off aliexpress, for about $4-$5 shipped is the cheapest. Was just looking at this on there

Most of them unbranded. You don't want the bubble built into the ring that attaches your scope, now you have to hope that your pic rail base or whatever is plum to the reticle, or level 3 things instead of 1

You don't want the bubble built into the ring that attaches your scope, now you have to hope that your pic rail base or whatever is plum to the reticle, or level 3 things instead of 1
I agree the ring-top bubbles have a drawback because you have to keep a consistent gap on both sides of the rings, but i cannot imagine the pic rail being off- after all that’s where its recommended to set the scope body —using the flat of the bottom of the turret bulge as a reference point off of the pic rail. I generally set the rifle in my patternmaker’s vise with a level across the tops of a lower ring portion (if i dont have a flat section of the receiver), then set the scope so the reticle lines up with a plumb bob hung at the far end of the shop. Perhaps I’m wrong in assuming the scope mount is level?

I agree the ring-top bubbles have a drawback because you have to keep a consistent gap on both sides of the rings, but i cannot imagine the pic rail being off- after all that’s where its recommended to set the scope body —using the flat of the bottom of the turret bulge as a reference point off of the pic rail. I generally set the rifle in my patternmaker’s vise with a level across the tops of a lower ring portion (if i dont have a flat section of the receiver), then set the scope so the reticle lines up with a plumb bob hung at the far end of the shop. Perhaps I’m wrong in assuming the scope mount is level?

I *would* be surprised if the scope base is perfectly "level" on all rifles, and it's irrelevant anyways

You already know that the only thing that really matters is scope reticle being level when firing, nothing else matters