• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes PST gen II EBR 2C for $700 vs Strike eagle for $600

199 398 500 A

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2020
Looking at a good deal all around, I just need to be talked into one over the other:

VORTEX VIPER PST GEN II 5-25X50 EBR-2C MRAD, older reticle and I prefer MOA, seems like a closeout price, $700

or

VORTEX STRIKE EAGLE 5-25X56 FFP EBR-7C MOA, newer reticle, MOA, coupon code, $600

Both 5-25x. This is my first big boy scope (going on a semi custom Tikka chassis build), I'm accustomed to $200 leupolds on hunting rifles and 22's at the moment. Is it worth upgrading to the gen II or save the money because it's a huge upgrade either way.

good point, both have a lifetime warranty tho right? Not that I would like to rely on it..

If you’re used to hunting scopes, and not dialing for distance, might as well get on the mil train now. That Tikka deserves the nicer scope.

Reactions: 199 398 500 A
Get the PST II if this is going on your high-end rifle. I think it was Ilya that mentioned the downward progression from the PST II in his review of the Diamondback Tactical - PST II for your precision rifle, Strike Eagle for a lesser caliber trainer, and the DB for a 22 trainer, all with the same reticle for standardization and familiarization. Since he has forgotten more about scopes than most currently know, I am inclined to take his advice. So I put a PST II on my 308 bolt rifle and I just got a SE for my 223 semi-precision rifle.

Thanks for the feedback. everyone. It could just be that the PST is proven and a great scope and the SE is still new and not as good a deal (and maybe not as many people have used it yet). I haven't had anyone here or on the reloading Discord that was as excited about the SE price compared to the PST. I think that tells me something...

Have both the pst and the s/e. Clarity goes to the pst, fov is better in the s/e, turrets lock on the s/e and that is nice...however to use the zero stop on the s/e it takes away almost half of it's adjustment range. Turret feel for me is about a wash. Overall I say the pst is a better optic than the s/e, it is worth the extra 100.00 without question. I put the s/e on my 308 AR platform hunting gun, reasoning for this was simply due to the locking turrets.

Have both the pst and the s/e. Clarity goes to the pst, fov is better in the s/e, turrets lock on the s/e and that is nice...however to use the zero stop on the s/e it takes away almost half of it's adjustment range. Turret feel for me is about a wash. Overall I say the pst is a better optic than the s/e, it is worth the extra 100.00 without question. I put the s/e on my 308 AR platform hunting gun, reasoning for this was simply due to the locking turrets.

do you have an exact number on the reduced adjustment range? I saw that its a "problem" when you use the zero stop on the SE but never found a number.

Get the PST II if this is going on your high-end rifle. I think it was Ilya that mentioned the downward progression from the PST II in his review of the Diamondback Tactical - PST II for your precision rifle, Strike Eagle for a lesser caliber trainer, and the DB for a 22 trainer, all with the same reticle for standardization and familiarization. Since he has forgotten more about scopes than most currently know, I am inclined to take his advice. So I put a PST II on my 308 bolt rifle and I just got a SE for my 223 semi-precision rifle.

That's an interesting thought. I'm just getting into long range shooting and reloading so my 223 chassis Tikka is my high end gun.. for now. I'm sure someday I'll need to upgrade to a bigger caliber. I can always move scopes around

That Steiner 308pirate listed is a lot more scope for a bit more money. And im a vortex whore.
My buddy just put that Steiner on his hunting rig im impressed.

Thanks! That’s actually a pretty big turn off for me

Why? 18 mils is more than you would get with most scopes. And even the 47 MOA is more than enough to get your .223 to over 1000 yards.

That’s a good point. I haven’t done the math, that is for pointing that out!

Why? 18 mils is more than you would get with most scopes. And even the 47 MOA is more than enough to get your .223 to over 1000 yards.

Add to that the PST 5-25 only has 20Mils total elevation on paper, maybe a little more reality.
Chances are your usable elevation in the PST will be less than 18Mils anyway.

Unless the ebr-2 reticle is a turn off to you I'd vote pst gen 2 but only if it is the FFP and not the SFP. They made it in both.

Unless the ebr-2 reticle is a turn off to you I'd vote pst gen 2 but only if it is the FFP and not the SFP. They made it in both.

At first glance I like the 2C better because it's less busy. I've never had a scope with a nice reticle before so it's less overwhelming. From my understanding, the 7c was updated based on customer feedback, so would imagine in the long run I'd prefer 7c, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

At first glance I like the 2C better because it's less busy. I've never had a scope with a nice reticle before so it's less overwhelming. From my understanding, the 7c was updated based on customer feedback, so would imagine in the long run I'd prefer 7c, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
I personally like the ebr-2 over the ebr-7 having run both. They both have a place and reticles are very subjective. The ebr-2 is a little easier to use at lower magnification so prefer it for hunting.

I also was worried about the 7C but I think it looks alot better through the scope than on paper. (camera quality on my phone is not the best)

Attachments

• EBR7C.png
    EBR7C.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 313
Just pulled the trigger on the PST gen II. I couldn't believe how many people preferred it without hesitation. I also had two people ask how to get one at that price (one guy already has one). If anyone else is wondering, it's through Euro optic. This price is only the EBR-2C mrad version. MOA is $50 more, the EBR-7C's are closer to regular street price, if not at it. Quantity is probably limited since it seems like a closeout price. You can still find these other places, but the price is at least $200 more.

Just pulled the trigger on the PST gen II. I couldn't believe how many people preferred it without hesitation. I also had two people ask how to get one at that price (one guy already has one). If anyone else is wondering, it's through Euro optic. This price is only the EBR-2C mrad version. MOA is $50 more, the EBR-7C's are closer to regular street price, if not at it. Quantity is probably limited since it seems like a closeout price. You can still find these other places, but the price is at least $200 more.

You talking about these closeouts?

You talking about these closeouts?

Actually, no. This scope is not on there. They have the same one except it’s EBR-2D instead of 2C for $100 more. They also have the moa listed for $50 more