• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing PT&G one piece bolt

Red Belly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2009
MA
I am truing/rebarreling my Remington 700. I was going to upgrade to a pacific tool & gauge one piece bolt while I was at it. There are 2 options as far as the angle on the bolt handle. They sell one with an 11 degree swept back handle. Is that the same angle as the stock Remington bolt? I am trying to avoid any additional stock work.

Thanks guys.

Re: PT&G one piece bolt

PT&G would be the most reliable source on that question.

I was going to call once I get out of my "phone free zone".

I believe it is the same angle as the Remington bolt. I have a stiller action which used PT@g bolts and it is the same angle as the Rem

As much as I like the look of the swept back handle, there is less chance of your trigger finger knuckle hitting a large knob with the straight handle. A straight handle shouldn't require much, if any stock work.

The straight handle will fit into the standard cutout in a Manners stock, if anyone cares.

I called PT&G. They said the 11 degree sweep is the same as the Remington. Thanks for all the help & insight. As always thanks for your time & knowledge.

Good to know. I was about to order one of those myself

As 300 said the knob can be a problem with correct trigger form. I have had to change the knob to fix this problem. At .800 diameter it seems to be a better combination of knob size and knuckle clearance than the stiller knob.

+ 100 on this I got my bolt knob done and then learned the correct way to work a trigger and now it drives me up the wall because the knob is in the way every time i get 90 on it. I keep going back and forth between changing the handle to a straight handle or getting a different knob to fix this. I am leaning more towards the new handle. Luckily Phoenix Custom Rifles did the knob and have a guarantee that if you don't like it they will change it for at little to no cost if I decide to do the knob