• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PTG 40x repeater action

These are very nice actions. These 2 are complete now. There was some attention needed to the extractor and opposing tensioner to make it feed well, but I have been in contact with Dave at PTG and I'm sure he'll make the necessary modifications. Overall, very nice product.

Attachments

• 20221222_090141.jpg
    20221222_090141.jpg
    770.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 20221219_152928.jpg
    20221219_152928.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 20221219_153155.jpg
    20221219_153155.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 121
All the photos I've seen of these actions w/DBMs in place appear to be the same PTG Stealth DBMs that I've bought & used on my converted Rem 40Xs & the first three V22 repeaters that I put together. Only downside to the PTG DBMs that I had was that they were a very snug fit to any of the early V22 mags. Even after filing & polishing the insides of the magwells of these DBMs, I still had to sand a considerable amount on the mags to get them to drop free when the mag release lever was tripped. However, there's a real bonus to this snug fit, if you don't work on the front & rear ends of the mags or the DBM - you don't need to worry about unintentionally loading the front of the mag by pushing it up against a bag or barricade, because the mag to DBM fit is so snug that the mag won't rock back and cause feed jams. Now I can't say whether the current production Stealth DBMs are the same as the ones I have on my rifles, because it's been a few years since I bought one from PTG.

These look like pretty nice actions for the $. Since they duplicate the function of a 40x with the modern immenity of a real mag, hard to go wrong. These should be finished up this weekend.
I take it you can request custom serial numbers and engraving? That and the swept bolt on yours have me wondering if I could build a pretty passable M24 or M40A5 rimfire clone.

Reactions: Rem.243