• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

PTG "Stealth" bottom metal vs "Flush" M5 style...

MG-70

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Germantown, MD
One protrudes from the bottom while the other is flush, but is the difference only aesthetic, or from a practical standpoint, is one better than the other?

This would be going on a .308 700 SPS Tactical on an HS Varmint stock, and I assume they both need considerable inletting.

Thanks for any and all useful info.!

Re: PTG "Stealth" bottom metal vs "Flush" M5 style...

For me the PTG allows me to press up against a barricade and not against the mag. I have ran into problems in the past when using the mag as a stop with feeding.

What he said. They both need a Badger M5 inlet, which GAP can provide for under $100 shipped. I had the Stealth. Good stuff.

Good point, hadn't thought of that. The one's I'm referring to are actually both made by PTG (I couldn't fit the whole description in the subject line).

Thanks for the feedback!

I love Badger, and Marty is GOOD people, but Dave at PTG is going to eat his lunch if he doesn't revise his pricing on bottom metal.

The PTG bottom metal is good stuff. Very well made and just good to go.

I prefer the "stealth" for a couple reasons.

Been scheming on the idea of hogging out one side to kind of copy the AI AX concept, so magazine can be inserted initially from the side, then up and in.

I ordered a "stealth" dbm this week. Hopefully it will get here soon. I hadn't heard to much about them ao im glad you guys think so highly of them. Ill give my opinion when it shows up

I run one in my 300 win mag with AI mags. Mags fit pretty snug and click in really nice. They are well made and the price is unbeatable.

Mine showed today. Machine work and coating was excellent. Fit my M5 inlay snug and perfect. Very impressed and happy so far.

Stealth - $120
Badger M5 - $360

Functionally they are identical and if anything the Stealth is better. Why would anyone buy the Badger now? DBM makers having been raping us for years with overpriced scraps of metal. Thank you Dave Kiff!

Stealth - $120
Badger M5 - $360

Functionally they are identical and if anything the Stealth is better. Why would anyone buy the Badger now? DBM makers having been raping us for years with overpriced scraps of metal. Thank you Dave Kiff!

+10!!!!!!!

Stealth - $120
Badger M5 - $360

Thats not the actul breakdown

Badger comes with a Mag and is $345

PTG is $120 and does not come with a Mag.

Mags are $79 so is actully $266 vs $120 Which I agree is still a huge difference.

I'm considering the Stealth as well, and I am a little confused still.

Just to be clear the "Stealth" sticks out farther at the bottom than the "Flush" ?
(The names "Stealth" and "Flush" kind of implies they would neither be seen.)

Other than that, there is no difference?

I ask because I was prepared to get the cdi kit for about $200, then I found the PTG kit for $75. That just seemed a little too good to be true...
PTG Short Action Stealth Detach Mag Bottom Metal M5 Style - $75.00

The "Stealth" is the one that hangs out the bottom. The "Flush" is the one that does not.

No idea how he came up with the name "Stealth".

$75 is a great price on a great product. Jump on it.

The "Stealth" is the one that hangs out the bottom. The "Flush" is the one that does not.

No idea how he came up with the name "Stealth".

$75 is a great price on a great product. Jump on it.

I thought the same thing: "So you're telling me the Stealth version is the one that sticks out? It's not the hidden one?"

It's called "Stealth" because the part that drops down hides the magazine. (Or at least that is what I read somewhere)

I replaced 2 badger one long n one short with stealth.. from now on i choosed bottom with magwell makes mags snug beter easier switchin magazine with magwel guide.so its either surgeon or stealth.if u like flush style dbm get atlasor cdi stop paying for overprice that has nothing better to offer than the rest but paying for the name brand