• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Public land Hog hunting Houston Texas

jrl5678

Private
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2010
TX, Harris
I was wondering if anyone had been Hog hunting on any of the public land near Houston. I am looking for locations ideas hints.
Thanks

Re: Public land Hog hunting Houston Texas

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXCraig1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is there public land near<span style="text-decoration: line-through"> Houston</span> Texas?</div></div>
There, fixed it for ya
laugh.gif

In my experience, you'll have better luck finding somewhere you can go shoot out in the gulf.

Look into Texas park and wildlife web site, look at public hunts. Call request a map.

They are running thru the neighborhoods in spring...jus hang out at the intersections..lol

Huntsville HR north of.Houston....there out there just takes a couple days of.scouting to learn the area. Lots and.lots of land bring.plenty of water a GPS.and a mountain bike to cover more land. I'm in tomball and can be in national forest in half HR.off 149

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hntelk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are running thru the neighborhoods in spring...jus hang out at the intersections..lol </div></div>

We've killed many a pigs in spring creek

Get a $48 permit from Texas Parks and Wildlife Office, not walmart, so you can get the WMA book that has all the locations and maps across Texas. A lot of places to hunt and read the rules for each location.

Good luck. While it can be done, what little public hunting land in Texas is overgrown and less than optimum for hunting. It's not hard to find a place to hunt hogs, ask around, check the paper, and craigslist. Hell, a fellow SH member might could even drag you out for a hunt. You might have to come out of pocket a little but it's well worth it IMHO.