• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Pulling trigger on a NF 5.5-22x50 MOAR. Change my mind?

Hunter24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2012
I've looked and researched over and over again. Finally decided to pick up a NF. Sacrificing FFP for quality of glass. Is this a good decision?

I will mainly be shooting from 500 to 1500 yards. Steel targets up to 12x12 inches. Here's a couple of my favorite guns.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 13
I have six set-ups all FFP except my NF ATACR. Does not handicap me one bit and I use it on my duty (SWAT) rifle so it sees considerable "real" use. For most uses I do not think SFP is too big of an issue and NF quality is very hard to beat. And the MOAR is one of the best reticles I have used. Pull the trigger and don't look back.

Sully

i've been hunting with an nxs 5.5-22x56 since 2009. its on my 280 ackley improved. i've taken a few animals with it, mostly white tail deer no problem. last year i made the switch from the npr2 reticle to the moar reticle, but thats the only thing i've changed. it works fine despite not being ffp. i think you would be happy with it given your task.

I have two NF with MOAR reticle and I love it. Unless something happens I think I will transition all scopes to NF MOAR reticles.

I have the NF ATCAR MOAR & NXS 5.5-22 x 56. Buy an NF and never look back it. Zero Stops are a must.

Damn you Nightforce!! Damn you for draining my bank account and me having to eat pb sandwitches and noodles.

BUT it will be worth it.

Found one locally at a great price. No zero stops though :(

Nonetheless, I'm impressed with build quality. Feels sturdy I would say.

Pics tomorrow.